Actually playing cricket!

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Actually playing cricket!

Post by Rebel Pope »

As per a few discussions i had recently with Mitch, Bryn and Steve etc It was generally recognised that there are two main types of players in the OCC. There are those who would prefer to play every weekend for about three hours and then there are those who would rather play once a month for the whole sunday and make a day of it. The latter are the players i would like to hear from.

I want to organise a sunday game with no set teams. All those who are keen on playing from 9am till 3 or even 4pm should let me know. I will set up a date organise a field and a braai. We then all show up, two captains are assigned and teams picked and we play a proper game wherein every batsman after number 3 doesn't have to come in and just slog.

There will be no league. Two innings per team of 25 overs each will be played with a braai lunch break after the first two.

Players who respond will however be asked to stay till the end of the day so as to ensure everyone gets a proper team bowling, fielding and batting at them. The jolly guys are already in. So we just need another 8 or so.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Hey Warren

Sounds good to me, keep me updated.

Darren

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles »

That sounds cool, i'd be keen...
grraaargh

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sounds cool except i don't want to play with the jolly roger guys.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay so how do i go about organising the rosebank field. I was thinking the second sunday in March. Is this good for everyone?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles »

good for me...

playing some outdoor would be a welcome change to playing action cricket!
grraaargh

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am penning in Sunday the 18th of March as the day for this game. Is this okay with everyone?
- Jimmy Carr

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles »

ok with me
grraaargh

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

What time?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We'll do team selection at 8:30. That means the game can start at 9. Putting lunch at about 12.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Then i won't come. don't know why you guys are so obssessed with starting so early the whole time. Actual professional cricketers don't start that early. Anyway.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We have to start that early or we will only start at midday. People always show up late. If i say 10, people show up at 11. This way people will hopefully be there by 9:30 and we can start at 10. In an ideal world you don't have to take these things into account but it isn't one. Anyway official starting time is 9. If we can start then, well yay, if it is delayed an hour or so, as it will be, we will still get our game in.
- Jimmy Carr

no noodles
Fag

Post by no noodles »

nice... i think 9 will be a good start time...
grraaargh

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

cool.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Just a reminder that this game is happening this coming Sunday. Tell all your friends, cause even if you don't want to play they may want to.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I will pitch up at some stage to hand over these fucking shirts. I have received payment from Ceek, Pope and Guvna, and your shirts are sitting in the car awaiting pickup.

So just before noon then ...
They float. They always flooaaatttt ....

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

can't make it this Sunday

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I will be there - even if we end up netting - I just want to receive further injuries from fast bowlers. God, I love cricket
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle