Last Man Stands

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Spitfire
Fag

Last Man Stands

Post by Spitfire »

Hi Guys

I came across this website called Lastmanstands.com
Its a new cricket league that is very similar to our form of the game.

Last Man Stands is an innovative new game of cricket that involves 8 players. All 8 wickets are needed to bowl a team out. When the seventh wicket falls, the Last Man Stands on his own). For detailed LMS rules go to
http://www.lastmanstands.com/default.jsp

There are cetain other rules that where taken for Baseball which are different.

The other rule i picked up was that a game only lasts 2 hours
PENALTIES FOR NOT BOWLING OVERS IN TIME

* When fielding first - Every over bowled after 65 min will be deducted from your batting innings eg. if 2 overs are bowled after 65 min, your team will only receive 18 overs when batting.
* When fielding second - if you go over time limit, your team looses any bonus points obtained in the game. If no bonus points are obtained in game, your team will loose 2 league points obtained from that game or previous games.
Let me know what you all think maybe we can enter a single OCC Cricket team and teach these guys how its done.

Irreverent gay humour included.[/b]

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Who is spitfire?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Darren

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Initially i was like this is total shit what are you talking about but having read it i think it is the perfect solution!!!

LAST MAN STANDS RULE
All 8 wickets are needed to bowl a team out. When the seventh wicket falls, the Last Man Stands (on his own)

The Last Man may can only score 2, 4 or 6 off any ball. The ball is only dead when the batsman is behind the popping crease at the strikers end of pitch.

HOME RUN RULE

If a player clears the ropes (i.e. hits a six) off the last ball of the innings it is worth 10 runs! This rule applies to both the first and second innings.

DOUBLE PLAY RULE
Two players can be dismissed off the same delivery.

CAUGHT OUT and RUN OUT: When the striker is out caught .The non striker has to remain or return to the bowlers end of pitch. The ball is only dead when the non striker has grounded his bat at the bowlers end of the pitch.

There is NO double play rule when a batsman is given out, L.B.W., stumped or bowled.

FIVE BALLS PER OVER

MAXIMUM OF 6 BALLS IN AN OVER

* The first wide or No ball in an over equals one extra ball in the over. A run is added to the score.
* Any further wide/no ball in an over will result in an extra 3 runs to the batsman on strike but no extra delivery
* In the Last Over of an innings all wides /no balls will result in an extra ball and run, i.e. there is no limit to balls bowled and only one run is added to all wides / no balls

MAXIMUM OF 4 OVERS PER BOWLER

FIELDING RESTRICTIONS

* A maximum of three fielders on each side of the pitch at all times (ie.3 fielders on offside and three on onside)
* The wicket keeper has to be within 15 metres of the stumps (i.e. keeper not long stop)

RAIN AFFECTED GAMES

* Every 3 and a half minutes off the field will result in an over being lost in the game.
* Both teams have to bat a minimum of 8 over to constitute a game.
* Duckworth and Lewis system will not be used. Revised totals will be calculated on a runs per over basis.

BOWLERS RUN UP IS RESTRICTED TO 12 YARDS

TIME RESTRICTIONS

* A team has 65 minutes to bowl their 20 overs.
* 4 minutes change over between innings. The refs will be strict on this.

PENALTIES FOR NOT BOWLING OVERS IN TIME

* When fielding first - Every over bowled after 65 min will be deducted from your batting innings eg. if 2 overs are bowled after 65 min, your team will only receive 18 overs when batting.
* When fielding second - if you go over time limit, your team looses any bonus points obtained in the game. If no bonus points are obtained in game, your team will loose 2 league points obtained from that game or previous games.

ONE 'SHOULDER HIGH BALL' PER OVER

* After a ball has passed shoulder height, the umpire is too indicate 'one' for the over.
* All balls shoulder height there after will be deemed a NO BALL.

FULL TOSS

* Full tosses above waist height are deemed a 'No Ball'.

RETIRE @ 50

* Once a batsman has 50 runs to his name, he has to retire. He may return to bat should all other wickets fall.
* The Last Man Stands play rule only comes into play once 7 wickets have been taken.

SQUARE LEG UMPIRE

* The square leg umpire is the responsibility of the next batsmen into bat.
* Should there be no square leg umpire, it becomes the fielding teams responsibility to make a fair judgment.

CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT

* Each team is to wear an identical team uniform. Coloured clothing is acceptable, provided the whole team are wearing it.
* Each team is to provide their own equipment. Three sets of batting pads, three sets of batting gloves, three thigh guards, three boxes, two bats, one pair of keeping gloves are the bare minimum required.
* Boxes are to be worn at all times by keepers and batsmen.
* Batsmen are advised to wear helmets.
* Balls, stumps, bails, boundaries are all provided by Last Man Stands
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Still don't know who he is but good find darren!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Yeah - I also like it. I do think we'd need to see what it would cost to enter a team. Then we'd need to hold squad selections. Maybe two teams.

The reason I like it is the time restriction to a fixed 2 hours. I could totally play every week if it was limited to two hours.

I am concerned about the every week schedule - we may need to pick a side of 10 or so, to allow rest weeks for players.

Who's going to liase with LMS on this one? I'll email initially to just ask questions like cost, team availability, forfeitures etc etc.

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Thanks Chris lol

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I don't think we should enter their league i think we should play in our social league but with these rules....

It sorts out the time commitment issue as well as the wides issue.

Plus i don't think i am fit enough for 30 overs (especially judging by last week!!).

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Although entering their league may be fun? But yeah a big squad is essential....

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Alex

I don't mind chatting to them!

Let me know and i will get all the info we need.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

find out if they let african-american's play.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Ceek wrote:I don't think we should enter their league i think we should play in our social league but with these rules....

It sorts out the time commitment issue as well as the wides issue.

Plus i don't think i am fit enough for 30 overs (especially judging by last week!!).
Eh? their league is 20 overs. 20 5 ball overs. Ours is 30. What do you mean fit enough?

But that siad I've also had some negative feedback from Russel. And if it is "Play every week" I can't commit to that.

But adapting the rules to suit us is a good idea. The time limit rule is great. Maybe make our 30 over limit in 2.5 hours (5 min an over - ICC rules sit at 4.2 min an over for limited overs (14.28 overs per hour)) or even better - shorten the game to 20 overs at 5 min an over (1 2/3rd of an hour an innings).

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i also feel we should adapt the rules to our own game.

and bringing the overs down to 20 each will definitely make the game more attacking, hence helping my "action cricket" style game :D

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Matt I asked about african-american's they will allow them only if there are gay and they wear red poly shorts
Last edited by Spitfire on November 9, 2006, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Matt, do you still gave those red shorts I gave you? I need them back if I am going to play in the league

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Fred do the red shorts match the tight top in your Pic

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i'm sorry i gave those shorts to an african american friend so you'll just have to use my thong.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah i agree let's not play every week but let's adapt their rules to our league!!

And the fitness issue relates to the 30 over game not the 20 over game. I think i like the 5 ball per overs rule. I find my 6th ball is the most tiring....

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Darren, the shorts are as tight but much brighter. Brings out the Camel-Toe more.

The rest:

I am keen on the idea of adapting their rules to suit us. I think the 20 over idea is great. I don't like the 5 ball over though. I would prefer that we play the 6 ball over but just get through the overs quicker.

I also don't like the idea of joining a league for this form of cricket. Personally, i would join a league to play real 11 man cricket. This I can do at the local club down the road from me and which I plan on doing next season.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I hear that but it won't take two hours to play a league game...

But lret me know i am keen to join as well. I did actually join a team but didn't like anybody (or maybe they just didn't like me?). Anyway it is only cool to play cricket with people you like otherwise there is no point.

Biskit
Penis Fancier

Post by Biskit »

Drac wrote:Darren, the shorts are as tight but much brighter. Brings out the Camel-Toe more.
mmmm.... camel-toe
What would .Matt do?

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

mmmm.... camel-toe[/quote]

A very nice one indeed :cool3:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

What i like about these rules is the fact that it does speed up play. Thus we would have no problems with Alex and Russel etc. I agree however that we should stick to doing this in our own league. I wouldn't pay money to join a league to play this kind of cricket and would rather join a real cricket league instead.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr