Buy your own stuff

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Ceek
Anal Investigator

Buy your own stuff

Post by Ceek »

I don't want to be a Doos but I really think if you want to play cricket you need to buy at least some of your own stuff. Seriously this weekend we had like 2 bats and 2 sets of pads. We didn't have enough ball boxes either.

I am generally happy to share my stuff (After i have used it) but this weekend i was forced to put on someone's sweaty shitty pads and use MY BOX which someone else had already used. This really sucks when i in fact own all the correct equipment. I also couldn't use MY bat.

I don't know what the solution is here but i am not happy sharing my stuff any more. I keep it in pristine condition and if you want to play cricket you need some of your own stuff. We all earn salaries so go buy some stuff.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Chris, I believe you will find a strong supporter of this ideal in the form of Fred. It isn't 100% practical to enforce tho'. Oh, and sweaty pads ... :shock:

I would agree that more people should have their own kit; but not everyone NEEDS to have their own kit to play. For those of us on a tight budget, we may be able to afford the kit; but justifying the cost is nigh impossible.

I've just had my bat repaired. My pads tho' are vintage 1980's. I don't own a helmet. I struggled to justify the bat. I love it tho' and have enjoyed using it enough that in my mind it was well worth it.

My point is that it is preferable for each and every person to have their own kit. But not a prerequisite.

I would suggest that a box would be essential equipment - and you sure as fuck can't borrow mine. A few dead bats as floating bats could be useful. I'll dig out my old slaz as a spare - but that assumes I play again, which isn't yet confirmed.

If you need to borrow pads I'd suggest wearing long pants - one of the main reasons I always do.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i completely see your point and agree 100% ...

i would however rather lend my stuff to someone than send them onto the field with a stick they found on the side of the field and no protective gear.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks Neil. Love ya man.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Well at least bring your own boxes. I wonder if i still have my old shit cricket stuff as maybe i should start bringing that as the whore kit and i can keep my nice kit nice.

I hear what you are saying about expenses blah blah. But at the same time Only 2 people had kit in our side and that is just not acceptable imo.

Buy some gloves one month you can get them for R100 not sure how much pads are but i understand people needing to share bats as they are quite expensive (but at the same time it means that if someone breaks my bat then i have no bat and will have to spend untold millions to get a new one).

Like i said i don't want to be a doos about it but its not cool.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

You are completely right though ceek not doos at all!! We need more kit, and people do need to take responsibility.

I just think bout steve, who has no money at all really, buying a whack of cricket gear that he'll use maybe 4 or 5 times.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Exactly.

But a box min.

Gloves next, or at least inners. Then leg pads etc etc.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

agreed ... the box is sacred.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Note: neil didn't bring a box to the last game.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

:ahhh:

I DIDN"T GAWD!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

LOL. well this has been productive. :)

BadBoy
Penis Fancier

Re: Buy your own stuff

Post by BadBoy »

Ceek wrote:We all earn salaries so go buy some stuff.
looks like chris now supports capitalism
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons cos u r crunchy and taste good with mustard

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I went to the design quarter and now think we should use up all the world resources as quickly as possible to build a bunch of design quarters that i can go to all the time and spend money on things i don't need just because they are so damn pretty (and expensive).

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I had everything then Bryn broke my bat. And by broke i mean shattered so i can't even get it fixed now i just have pads and no money. :confused:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

I tend to agree with Chris on this one. I don't have an issue letting people use one pair of pads as I have 2 and the same applies with the gloves. The box is a definite no-no because I don't want Mongolian crabs and I am sure that that applies to everyone.

The problem comes down to the bat. Now, I had no issue with people using the Kookaburra but that one is broken now, so no-one can use it. I have an issue with people using the Slaz though. I did not pay R2500 for a bat that may be broken by someone other than me.

It may not be a bad idea for a few bats to be purchased for use by everyone. I know that Makro sells some bats for pretty decent prices. They may not be 1st grade English willow but they work well. Take the Kooka for example. I paid R350 for it and it gave me good service. Fair, I may not have knocked it in as well as I should have and this reduced the life of the bat but that is a different story all together.

Another option may be to go to Sports Horizons and maybe work out a deal with them if several bats are to be purchased. A kit could also be purchased with everyone chipping in a few bucks. Sort of like the kit you would have had at school. I know that you can get club level pads at about R100 - R150 for a pair.

I don't know, this is merely my opinion.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

That is a really good idea. Why don't we all chip in and buy one or two sets of Whore kit that the whoress can use and then the people with the good lady of the night kits can keep their lady of the nights kit in good condition.

Very good idea. Let's do it.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I Agree. Though I think Macro, Game will be better for the muck stuff - I didn't see at a glance any el cheapos bats at Sport's Horizon.

If we can all get some different prices on :

1) Pads
2) Gloves
3) Box?
4) Bat (x2??)

we can come to an amount and work from there. Who will be the proud kit carrier though?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

I must say that the box should not be included in this. Each person should get their own box. I don't think that a max of R50 for a box is too much for anybody, considering the protection you get.

Makro bats are anything between R300 and R1500, depending on what you want. The pads are R250 for the Gray Nicolls according to their site. A bit pricy

Sportsmans vary from R130 to R500 depending on what you want.

Sports Horizons goes up to R1000 for pads and stuff.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

And as an added extra, regarding the chipping in. We need to decide who is to chip in. Personal opinion is that if you are going to use the whore kit, you chip in. If you have your own kit, like myself and Alex and several other people, and you are not going to use the whore kit, there should be no need to chip in. This is personal apinion only. Any thoughts?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I agree with that completely.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I will chip in just to bring the cost down for others. I don't mind paying so that i can use my own kit. I am willing to spend say R100-R250 - if 10 of us do this it won't be expensive at all...

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

If you have 10 people giving R200 each you can get a pretty decent kit. Unfortunately I won't be in that list of 10 for the simple reason that I have already spent over R3000 for kit for myself. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

Warren, thank you for agreeing with me. I was expecting a fight on this one from all quarters

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

No problem, i just want to facilitate the process. I fully understand if peeps with kit don't put in cash, but i choose to.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I too would be willing to donate a small amount towards the purchase of a whores kit. I will treat it as my contribution to the numerous match balls purchased by Mitch for our use.

It would be good to hear from someone who doesn't have kit as to what they think. It really is for their benefit, and we should hear their views before dashing off like a herd of mad turtles, shiny R100 notes clutched in our tiny little paws.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

I hear what Alex is saying about Mitch and the Match balls (sounds like some b-rate movie title) and I think for that reason, I may be persuaded to add some dosh myself. However, the donation would not be excessively large.

Like Alex, I would also like to hear the views from people without kit

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I think we should just ignore the views of the disenfranchised and go ahead and implement our plan whether they like it or not ;). Just like the government. AHAHHAHA

No you are right, it would be nice to hear from someone without kit...

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

i have no kit but i would like some please

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

WFE Dude :hmm:

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I am buying whore kit today. It will belong to me until I am (mostly) compensated at which point it will belong to OCC. I am considering a 'rental' fee until compensated (Not to make money!)
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Good One Mitch!! Am still willing to put in R100-R250 for the whores kit.