OCC schedule revision

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

don't worry fred, i'm just kidding with chris.

my position is that i would prefer the season to be shorter, but i don't think this will happen this season. as such, i'll carry on playing in the matches i can. i think the cricket is wicked fun, so i'm not keen to give it up at all. next season will be organised differently - and hell, even if it isn't, i hope people still play in whatever matches they can play in, or want to.

also, i'm glad that we've got some clarification on the rules.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Fuckin "A" man!!

Cricket is what is important here. Not everyone is going to be able to play every game. I know that here in the salt mines, I try and arrange to be off on the days that we play but that is not always possible. The important thing is to play when you can and want to.

Powerful stuff Matt :cry:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Ceek wrote:Okay sorry 5 out of 7 then. And just so you know it is also easy to go ahead and not listen to anyone and then be surprised when everything you organized fucks out because you didn't listen to anyone in the first place.

Glad we revised the retirement rule to the way it makes most sense. If you will recall i also asked originally for the retirement rule to be revised because as it stand if it is the last over of the game and you need 12 to win off 2 balls and the batsman is on 44 and hits one 6 he must then retire and leave a new guy to face one ball which just isn't cricket. This is still unresolved.

:flipbird: I will do my best not to discuss anything with you guys because everything you do is right and no one else can have a perspective or a discussion without being wrong because you are so fucking right the whole time warren.
Not really sure how this response fits in to anything. Was it maybe brought out of context from another thread? Chris seems to be unebelievably bitter and angry. Also stupid...First he says "glad we revised the retirement rule, then he says i never listen to anyone and am always right. Does he not see how these two are linked?
Anyway I have decided that I shall post in this thread no more. Chris is being unncessarily abrasive and i feel that i can not lower myself intellectually to his belligerant, bird flipping level.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

well maybe he just wants you to listen warren.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

yeah i dunno about the bird flipping either :shrug:

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

neil: now is not the time to get involved, dude. this argument has already gone on all day, and i don't think you're going to help at this stage.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i wish to impart my two cents worth though.

the retirement rule is complete fucking bullshit in any sort of form. It destroys the concept of the cricket being a game of skill ... and denies anyone the opportunity to say who bested the other team.

on saturday the retirement rule caused your team to lose warren, if russel and co had continued to bat you would've won. period.

The idea is to give everybody a chance to bat? I wholeheartedly disagree with that too. Does makhaya complain when he doesn't bat? I don't think so. We play cricket and we play to our strengths. Some are bowlers, some are batsmen, and some are all rounders.

What's the point of playing competitive cricket if you don't play by the rules and instead have a watered down social approach.

it just isn't competitive at all.

I understand that this is lank lots of fun too, but then what is the point of a league with points, and god i choke at it, but a bonus points system too?

and then you tell the teams that they can't be as competitive as the rules of cricket are designed to be.

and i feel exactly the same way about by's. They are a fundamental part of the game, and definitely influence the 'which team was better today and deserves to win the game' thing.

so ya, either we do the fun approach thing, kill the league idea and just have fun as bunch of dudes ... which sounds great ... or we play proper cricket, with the rules of the game as they stand, and have a league with bonus points etc etc.

leaving thread now.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i hate to break it to you, but warren agreed that the retirement rule could be changed. in fact, i think it was earlier in this thread. we're no longer arguing about that.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

ps i love you both ... and i know your make up sex will be the hotness.

take videos k :lashflirt:

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i'm making my feelings known. and i read through the 61 posts or whatever so far and no-one has made any sort of decision.

so bite me.

:lashflirt:

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

i just wanna play cricket....what else will i do on sunday mornings?
I'd Fuck Me!

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

I like the idea put forward by Neil about dropping the league and playing just for fun. The guys get too serious about the whole thing and that is when the arguments start.

Neil, that was a great game. Well played man! That was a pleasure to watch :thumb:

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Been busy with month end so just catching up now.

I joined club cricket last year. Though I enjoyed it I had serious problems with it :

1) It took too much time - 8am - 6pm
2) It was too serious
3) I didn't really know anyone in the side
4) Not everyone got a chance to bat or bowl, or even prove themselves (me being one of them)

Now I concede that both the retirement rule and the bye rules were mine - specifically early on when we were PLAYING FOR FUN with very few players. The league idea just inherited these rules.

I have no problem with the league idea, as long as we don't lose site of the objective of enjoying ourselves with friends, and being sporting. I think however I myself would prefer us organising a group of guys on an occasional sunday and just playing.

Last, my decision on saturday was a sporting one, ill-advised or no (and I still see it as a fair interpretation)I expect my team to at least respect that - at the highest level Graeme Smith makes mistakes but you don't see Saun Pollock ranting and behaving belligerently.

Oh, and I second Fred on a brilliant innings Neil.

Whatever happens - I will do my best to be available to play whenever.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

Drac wrote:Neil, that was a great game. Well played man! That was a pleasure to watch :thumb:
oh fred you sexy man :lashflirt:

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

You'll make me blush. :oops: Though I must admit I did not feel sexy when you were hitting me al over the park!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Mitch wrote:
Last, my decision on saturday was a sporting one, ill-advised or no (and I still see it as a fair interpretation)I expect my team to at least respect that - at the highest level Graeme Smith makes mistakes but you don't see Saun Pollock ranting and behaving belligerently.
Okay now i have been drawn. Two points which Mitch ignores in his expert analysis:

1.) Graeme Smith is a cricket Captain, as is mitch, hes is therefore not allowed to make a captain's decision to change the rules of the game. Had mitch consulted with his team before the decision (as i am sure smith would have) he would have found that the majority of the team in fact did not support his decision.
2.) I only became belligerant after repeatedly being called an areshole from behind the stumps. I became angry the first time that happened and began speaking more forcifully from the on, but only threw my first personal insult as i walked off the field. So instead what you should have said was that Graeme Smith would not have become belliegerant when Shaun Pollock raised questions over his illegal altering of the rules.

That is all. I will discuss this no further as I know that if you examine the fact Mitch you will notice that it was you who first enquired, "Why are you being like this, an areshole" at me when i continued to question the attitudes related in question 1. As i know I am correct on the events of the day i feel no need to be drawn into any further debate on this matter.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

Drac wrote:You'll make me blush. :oops: Though I must admit I did not feel sexy when you were hitting me al over the park!
lol :yu:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Look how right Warren is everybody!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

would you guys rather beat new zealand or australia in the final?? :lashflirt:

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

New Zealand sounds like the easier team to beat but they ass-whipped us in the first game. Australia is the stronger of the 2 but it would be so much better to fuck the aussies in the rectum until they bleed so they can go home and butt-fuck their sheep in shame

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i hear you loud n clear ... i can't decide whether to support nz or aus today.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

I usually anyone playing against the rectum rangers in yellow. But i feel you. Today is a toughy

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I have so much rage for Andrew Symmonds that I could never not hate the Aussie cricket side
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i feel the same about david campesi, and it's so bad that i can't even think about australia without murdering a couple of children.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Are you referring to his drunken antics that you hate him or just because he is fucking cunt? I have never liked the mother fuckers and believe they should all die a slow and painful death.

I am not denying that they can play cricket very, very well, what gets my goat is there inability to be modest like all the other teams. Its as if those fucking criminal bastard decendants think it is their god-given right to win.

I hate them!!!! :cussing: :banghead: :mshead: :angry: :fuse:

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Both

And what he said

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Thought so. I have no love for the aussi bastards. I feel the same as Matt. I must kill or maim something if I think of them.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

me too!!!

we should totally start a support group.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I wonder how many members and at what membership fee we will need to pay for a hit on all Aussie rugby and cricket professionals?

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i'm almost certain you'll find someone who'll do it for free.