OCC schedule revision

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

Rebel Pope wrote:This is to replace the OCC stuff that we aren't going to play anymore. I don't want to force anyone who doesn't want to play to play, but i don't want Bryn made to look like a fool either.
but who said that you aren't going to play anymore? what stuff needs to be replaced?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

you guys are so cute together!

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

:snacks: This looks like it could be interesting

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

The last few games of the season need replacing. What would essentially have been the second round of games. So there are two extra games which we need to find a team for at least.
Bryn is also saying he would like to organise a five team league for the new year as well and obviously that would need a commited team too.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I think Chris may have actually gone and had a little lie down :shock:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

but why aren't we playing that second round of games? so far we only know that chris is unavailable.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

you would know warren, he's in your bedroom.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i hate to stress the point, but that means 15 people tentatively ARE available.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

because 16 minus 1 is 15.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay but what i saw was you saying that you agreed with everything he said. Alex pulled out as well, so far three have said they are pulling out and 1 (me) has said that I am staying in. Also you guys have a team of six anyway minus two is four which hardly seems like an opposition. We may even beat you then.

EDIT: sorry it's four who are saying it's too much cricket and one who is saying its not. I suspect it is still prudent for me to organise an alternative should the league actually fall apart.
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

He can't be in my bedroom, I am having the sex swing dry cleaned and he won't sleep anywhere else. :confused:
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i did agree with everything he said. that doesn't mean i am now laying down an ultimatum, telling everyone to conform or else.

if the prevailing opinion is to play the rest of the games, i'm still in. i told you, i enjoy the cricket, this admin bullshit is retarded.

so chris has pulled out of my team, alex out of yours. if you can't fill that place, then you are a very sad, lonely man.

and i would normally field a full team, but was let down at around 8:58 on sunday.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

also that part where you said you may beat us was very funny and i see now why you are going into comedy.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

.Matt wrote:so chris has pulled out of my team, alex out of yours. if you can't fill that place, then you are a very sad, lonely man.
Are you saying I'm easy to replace. I thought I meant more to you than that. You bastard! I want my leopard print leg warmers, and my purple and pink pom-poms back.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

wtf you gave me those fucking leg warmers.

and what i mean is that if i can coax steve into playing, then i'm sure warren can trawl the streets for his own furry little transvestite.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I am not unavailable? Never said i was. You are unavailable matt, you can't play this sunday??????????????
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

house rules are always open to negotiation because they are generally ill-thought out. When did we define the retirement rule and what is it? You claim it was defined that the batsman MUST come in in the order they retired. I am not certain that we did say that and if we did i think it should be revised because it doesn't make sense that way.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

So then, if everyone is going to play every game....er...what the hell was all of this about?
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I just wanted to discuss the fact that it is becoming horder and harder to fill the teams each weekend and that we need ot revise or define the retirement rule to avoid further bust-ups.

I still think it is a bad idea to organise things this far in advance. Matt had no idea we were playing last week till when thursday? wednesday? and now he can't make it this week. He mentioned at the time that this conflicts with his exams, i mentioned that we should discuss it more fully. You decided that was that and put up the schedule?????? Now i would like to discuss the schedule and whether it can be made less hectic because 7 weeks in a row is exorbitant.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

That was the rule. What makes that any better or worse than allowing batsmen to come in, in a chosen order? Either way the time to have that debate was at the beginning of the season, or even the game. The middle of the game is not the time to redefine the laws.
- Jimmy Carr

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Gentlemen, I don't mean to intrude on this entertaining tiff but are we not losing site of the real issue here? We want to play cricket, be it on the field, or in the nets.

At this point, the retirement rule is moot because it doesn't seem that much cricket is going to be played at all. Can we not just come to an agreement regarding this matter?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I would like to resolve all the issues i posted in the first post of this thread. But you are right lets sort out the league first?

Warren seems to want it to stay the same, because he doesn't want Bryn to jeopardize his career in social lubricant sales. I am easy either way but do feel that 7 weeks in a row is too much as i said when the schedule was proposed.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I did take what people said into account, because many people told me they were going away in December and therefore couldn't play then.
The season therefore needed to end before December and we needed to wait for the groundsman to come back and make the field available to us in October. This left us a period of seven weeks in which we could play and so the decision was taken out of our hands.

I assumed you would all like to have played more than two games over October, November and December and I obviously assumed wrong. That said the decision needed to be made, just as it needs to be now, otherwise this just goes around in circles, as it is doing now. It's very easy to say that you refuse to commit to something and then when it doesn't suite you act all surprised and blame me for not listening but that's exactly what's happening.

I for one would love to conclude the league as is replacing players as needs be. I am sure by the way that Tilman will play in Alex's place i spoke with him on saturday and he was very keen.
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

The retirement rule can change. I don't feel strongly enough about it to defend it. What i did feel strongly enough about was changing the rules mid game. So therefore that is no longer an issue.

As for the league answer I have posted my response in the other thread.

Also Chris please stop referring to it as being seven weeks in a row. While emotively that makes it sound more trying the fact is that it is in fact only four games over a seven week period for each player. With a possible final played at the conclusion. We are not so old and crocked that we can not handle that yet.
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i am merging these two threads.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

It is all good and well that the issues have been "resolved" but what of the league and the remaining games that are to be played (or not)?

Are we actually going to finish the season or give it up for a bad job?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Okay sorry 5 out of 7 then. And just so you know it is also easy to go ahead and not listen to anyone and then be surprised when everything you organized fucks out because you didn't listen to anyone in the first place.

Glad we revised the retirement rule to the way it makes most sense. If you will recall i also asked originally for the retirement rule to be revised because as it stand if it is the last over of the game and you need 12 to win off 2 balls and the batsman is on 44 and hits one 6 he must then retire and leave a new guy to face one ball which just isn't cricket. This is still unresolved.

:flipbird: I will do my best not to discuss anything with you guys because everything you do is right and no one else can have a perspective or a discussion without being wrong because you are so fucking right the whole time warren.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

All this hostility makes me want to break into song. That old Elton John classic, Can you feel the love tonight.... I'm sure that you are all fimiliar with it

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

you're just saying that because you're wrong, chris.

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

Matt, I don't know if anyone is right or wrong.

All I know is that I would like to play cricket. The best thing may be to humour Chris and Warren so that this matter gets resolved.

The argument is of a high entertainment value though :thumbsup: