OCC schedule revision

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

OCC schedule revision

Post by Ceek »

I have had a look at the schedule and there are just too many games. Also i would like to point out that the scoring system was based on a two inings series of games and thus i believe that i am going to contest the 1 point for all being there on time rule.

Anyway after this Sunday all teams will have played each other once (like in the ICC championship) and i recon the final should be comprised of the top 2 teams from these three games.

Sunday October 22: Oddville CC vs The Jolly
Sunday October 29: Matt 11 vs Oddville CC
Sunday November 5: Matt 11 vs The Jolly
Sunday November 12: Oddville CC vs The Jolly
Sunday November 19: Matt 11 vs Oddville CC
Sunday November 26: Matt 11 vs The Jolly

Sunday December 3: The Final

Same match rules as last season
5 points for Victory by an Innings
4 points for a Victory
2 points for a draw
1 point for showing up with a full team

I also believe we need to revise the retirement rule to state that you can bring in whichever retired batsman you want - not in the order that they retired as this makes a lot more sense.

Finally can someone post the scorecard or something and adjust the league log?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won
Posts: 10291
Joined: September 25, 2003, 3:49 pm
Location: Internetsville
Contact:

Post by Tenacious B »

i agree with everyone chris said.




:shock:

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

This is really freaky. Why are people agreeing with me some of the time these days? It has happened a few times now and I don't think i like it. Maybe I am just not used to it?

Surely i am wrong about something? Don't we need to argue for hours before you concede that i am right but also a dick?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay lets call it there. Next weeks game between Jolly and Matt 8 is the final. End of season thanks for bothering everyone. Sorry it was so much effort.

P.S: You're all fags..especially Mitch :yu:

P.P.S: This post is not meant to offend anyone though i am sure i already here the furious thumping of keyboards all over johannesburg.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won
Posts: 10291
Joined: September 25, 2003, 3:49 pm
Location: Internetsville
Contact:

Post by Tenacious B »

i would agree with warren if i understood what the hell he was saying.

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

I thought we could still have the final. Alternatively on final day we could play a double wicket tournie on that day? Or 3 20/20 games? Or some 10/10?

Didn't think this was the end of the season but it think we should try play once a month not once a week?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won
Posts: 10291
Joined: September 25, 2003, 3:49 pm
Location: Internetsville
Contact:

Post by Tenacious B »

Rebel Pope wrote: P.P.S: This post is not meant to offend anyone though i am sure i already here the furious thumping of keyboards all over johannesburg.
this made me laugh, but i still don't understand your post.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

I just think it's wrong to change things at this point now that the season has started. You don't play every week and the whole thing ends at the end of november so what's the point of stopping half way now. It's easy for you guys to say lets end it now cause you would still get two more games this season, that would be it for us. Also Bryn went to a lot of effort finding a sponsor for his team and everything and now you guys want to dump him in it because you claim you are all too busy to spend 4 sundays in three months playing cricket. I wish someone had mentioned all of this to me before and I could have told Bryn not to bother.

This is how i feel and when I get tense about something, or disagree with someone else's opinion, I am suddenly an "arsehole", to quote Mitch, and I didn't want you all getting uppity at me because I felt it was pretty slack of everyone to call it now. That's what the quote was about. I thought the tone would have indicated all that I have now been forced to put into words but obviously it didn't. Sorry if i disagree.
Last edited by Rebel Pope on October 31, 2006, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Drac
THREAD KILLER
Posts: 450
Joined: February 21, 2006, 1:02 pm

Post by Drac »

It is rather unfortunate that the season must come to an end. However, I agree with Ceek that 1 game a month is reasonable. I am sure that we can still get together for a practise every now and then.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

There is litle point in praciticing if you never play is there?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Drac
THREAD KILLER
Posts: 450
Joined: February 21, 2006, 1:02 pm

Post by Drac »

No need to get nasty.

Some of us actually enjoy a net session. The point is to play cricket in some form. The nets are not the ideal form, but at least we are playing.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Not getting nasty, just stating a fact. Whats the point of practicing if you never get an actual game? It's just a little non-sensical. :huh:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Drac
THREAD KILLER
Posts: 450
Joined: February 21, 2006, 1:02 pm

Post by Drac »

Again, it is about getting a few guys together to hit a red leather ball around with a piece of willow. I agree that it is more fun to play a game but if we can't do that, we can do the next best thing.

Besides, it's the only form of exercise I get other than running to the bog after a dodgy meal

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

I play cricket because I like the competition of it and the ability to test oneself against opponents. I enjoy standing in the bright sun in the outfield ever so slightly drunk while for the most part being a spectator in a a game of cricket. I like the lazy atmosphere and the slow pace of a sunday spent outside with nothing else to do. I do not enjoy bowling hundreds of meaningless deliveries (most of them off target) until my shoulder cramps while a batsman at the other end hits it into the net and there is no way to tell truly whether it was a good shot or not. I hate the repetitive nature of the nets and if i didn't feel i was bettering myself for a game at the end of it all, I wouldn't even show up at the practices. It's also not about the excercise for me. There isn't any in cricket (or so little as for it to be negligible). I might as well go and play a game of aquash in that same time if that was the case. I got interested in this because I heard we were playing games competitively and by the rules because that's what sport is actually about. Obviously this is not the case.

I like the fact that cricket is an all day thing. I have been planning a braai lunch at the next game. Obviously what I love about it is what others hate and so I must move on.

Now please don't read all of this as a rant, or as an offensive diatribe; it isn't. I am resigned to things happening this way because obviously you all agree with one another and there is little I can do about that. I feel little emotion over it - easy come easy go. I am just saying now that it was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the effort everyone.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Getting a team together to play Jolly regularly

Post by Rebel Pope »

For anyone who is actually keen on playing regularly, say every second weekend please send me a private message. Word from Bryn is that his team are keen to play every weekend if needs be and that there are a group of regular customers at the pub who are also keen to set up a team for this kind of regular action.

Anyone who has any commitments on Sunday or is unlikely to make every game please continue playing for OCC or Matts team. This is an extra thing outside of that set up (which seems likely to fall away anyway).
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

Warren, if you recall when you posted the original schedule i said that we shouldn't organize things that far in advance. Maybe if you actually listened to what other people said you wouldn't get so disappointed?

I love cricket probably more than you do. I love going to the nets and playing there I love going to the field and playing there. I don't like it becoming a chore though....

We can play the extra games if you want but don't be surprised when it starts becoming harder and harder finding players. Already Alex, the founder of this idea, has dropped out and that should tell you something.

I find you really strange because you take some aspects of this thing so seriously and others you don't at all. You are drunk and belligerent at the games, don't attend practices but then freak out when we collectively ask if we can play a few less games than one every weekend for 7 weeks in a row.

And about the sponsorship - give me a break. That is like the lowest thing on my priorities list. Bryn asked the bar where he works to sponsor them? so what? what difference does that make to anything? I asked my cock to sponsor matt's 11 and you don't see e complaining.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won
Posts: 10291
Joined: September 25, 2003, 3:49 pm
Location: Internetsville
Contact:

Post by Tenacious B »

firstly, if i really cared that much about this whole topic, i'd be pretty pissed off at your attitude. but, to be honest, i don't. i don't care if the season is a long, or short, or who gets points for what. i'd prefer for it to be a more timely season, but if it isn't, i'll still play, because the major point here is that IT'S ALL A BIT OF FUN.

second, you seem to be shitting yourself a bit, but so far only 4 (including you) people have even discussed this. that leaves about 20 other people who have a say, not just me and chris and fred.

just chill out, warren. chris and i don't control the cricket season, and let's face it: if one person wants it changed, and everyone else doesn't, well, i guess that leaves that guy out of a team while everyone else continues to enjoy their fun cricket time.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Hey i very purposefully said i don't care anymore.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Paelleon
Penis Fancier
Posts: 1214
Joined: August 1, 2005, 11:41 am
Location: On the side of the street

Post by Paelleon »

Look guys, I'm sorry if I started this thing off. I didn't mean for it to be the death knell for the season.

I can see both sides of the argument very clearly from where I stand. I certainly understand the point of view that says a game a week is too much, too often. I was afraid that would be the case.

But I also see a schedule put up, worked out, and well structured. I see a lot of hard work and organisation put into the whole concept and therefore understand the need for the tournament to be completed as originally planned.

The whole argument brewing about whether we should have practices and whatnot is by the by. I agree with Fred that a practice session, whilst not the ideal, is a damn fine idea all on its own - even if we never played again.

If it was true that practice was a necessary event because of the games, then most of the players should never have played, as they sure didn't have a practice. Brynn strikes me as being the only captain organising practices prior to matches.

Lets stick to the original question. Who can, and is willing to, play every week that was originally proposed? I can't.

If you can find enough people to play each week then go for it. Finish the season as it was proposed.

User avatar
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won
Posts: 10291
Joined: September 25, 2003, 3:49 pm
Location: Internetsville
Contact:

Post by Tenacious B »

once again, i don't understand. is this instead of or along with the current occ fixtures?

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

The problem is that warren is incapable of discussing anything.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Paelleon
Penis Fancier
Posts: 1214
Joined: August 1, 2005, 11:41 am
Location: On the side of the street

Post by Paelleon »

Fuck that was a long post. Sorry. took so long to write I missed three posts in between.

I'll keep my meaningless drivel down to a few lines from now on.

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

I don't like this i am going home.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Ceek wrote:Warren, if you recall when you posted the original schedule i said that we shouldn't organize things that far in advance. Maybe if you actually listened to what other people said you wouldn't get so disappointed?
You are right, you did say that. YOU did. You used to play for our team. We took what you said into consideration and accepted you wouldn't be at each of our games. A replacement was found. Now if everyone had shown the same courtesy at the beginning we wouldn't have this problem now. The remark about me listening is therefore added rudeness, not necessary to the argument.
Ceek wrote:I love cricket probably more than you do. I love going to the nets and playing there I love going to the field and playing there. I don't like it becoming a chore though....
Again you mentioned you might not make every game. If you look at the schedule it isn't every weekend for seven in a row. You play two games then get a week off. If this was such a chore why did no one mention it when i first posted the league schedule two months ago?
Ceek wrote:We can play the extra games if you want but don't be surprised when it starts becoming harder and harder finding players. Already Alex, the founder of this idea, has dropped out and that should tell you something.
See my point above.
Ceek wrote:I find you really strange because you take some aspects of this thing so seriously and others you don't at all. You are drunk and belligerent at the games, don't attend practices but then freak out when we collectively ask if we can play a few less games than one every weekend for 7 weeks in a row.
I play chess on this forum drunk too sometimes but i stick to the rules. Who cares how i play the game as long as I actually play it by the rules which are set down. Just as i can not change the laws of chess or cricket I can't change tournament rules to suite Neil's fantastic form or change the rules of cricket so Rob no longer goes out when he's bowled.
The rules are there to prevent arguments. Changing them, for whatever reason, spontaneously is therefore going to cause problems. I liken my argument on Sunday with the one you had about no balls. You were right then (we have to call no balls cause its the rules). I am right now for the same reason.

Additionally I attended more practices than you did.
Ceek wrote:And about the sponsorship - give me a break. That is like the lowest thing on my priorities list. Bryn asked the bar where he works to sponsor them? so what? what difference does that make to anything? I asked my cock to sponsor matt's 11 and you don't see e complaining.
This thing is low on your priorities list for two reasons 1.) Bryn is not your friend so you don't care if he looks like a dick in front of all his collegues and his boss and 2.) Because it isn't you that's going to look like a dick
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

This is to replace the OCC stuff that we aren't going to play anymore. I don't want to force anyone who doesn't want to play to play, but i don't want Bryn made to look like a fool either.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

I did point it out at the beginning and you didn't listen. That is part of the reason i left your team. You guys don't listen to anyone.

Seriously warren how serious can this sponsor be? firstly it is the jolly roger. secondly they are sponsoring 8 a side social cricket. thirdly bryn kinda looks like a dick anyway?

I refuse to respond to warren anymore but would like clarification of what is happening in the rest of the league. Preferably from Mitch or someone who can respond unemotionally and sensibly.

And just btw no-ball is a fundamental rule of cricket designed to protect the players and is defined in the official rules. The retire at 50 rule is a contrived ill-defined rule that only exists here on Oddville and never stated that the batsman should come back in the order they retired. Even if it did that rule is open for debate because we created it. The no-ball rule is an official rule. The retirement rule is a socilaly constructed one.

I told you this would happen right from the beginnig but away you went gung-ho ignoring me. Now chill out and let the rest of us discuss this so we can find out what everyone's views are?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

Why don't you and bryn play with each other every Sunday and we leave it at that? The jolly roger boss can watch and get his jollys that way?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Chris i am just trying to come up with a working solution. Please don't make this harder than it has to be.

P.S: "Harder than it has to be" hee hee
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

User avatar
Ceek
Anal Investigator
Posts: 5983
Joined: October 6, 2003, 12:21 pm
Location: San Fransico home of the Golden Gate Bridge
Contact:

Post by Ceek »

:rimshot: harder lol - will keep my distance as requested.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

User avatar
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler
Posts: 3520
Joined: August 27, 2004, 8:23 am
Contact:

Post by Rebel Pope »

Chris do you ever play poker at home? Do you have any house rules? Can players change those mid game to suite themselves? I thought not. Now chill out and let the adults talk amongst one another. Why don't you go have a little lie down?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Post Reply