The OCC - too much of a (good) thing?

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Paelleon
Penis Fancier

The OCC - too much of a (good) thing?

Post by Paelleon »

I was going to hold off for a day or two to see if my mind changed. I don't think it will.

I'm tired. I'm very tired.

When I started this thing, I just wanted some exercise, and some fun. I was keen to bowl at people, I was keen to face some bowling. I just wanted to mess around, playing cricket. This has grown far beyond that.

Firstly, yesterday was a full day. I was at the field at 9; and we left after 3. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but that is a massive time commitment. With work, my marriage and my house's upkeep, the demands on my time leave precious little to spend on myself. Those hours need to be as fun filled as possible.

Which brings me, neatly, to point two. The concept was to have fun. To get fitter in a more interesting way than endless miles on a treadmill. Now it is too competitive. Competition is a good thing; in small enough doses. We now have a league, and people are looking at their stats and averages. Nobody wants to go out. Nobody can stand losing. Insults fly as the tension mounts. It just isn't fun anymore. Well - it is fun, but not AS MUCH fun.

So with that in mind I think I may have to stop playing in the matches. I will attend a practice, if we have one, and even organise them occasionally. Maybe even play in a game, if needed, once every second month or so.

I wish the team all the best. I even wish Matt's team; and Brynn's, a fantastic season. May the best team win, may the catches be held, and may the arguments all be resolved quickly.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

No ways Alex. You are the mortar and bricks upon which OCC is built. You are the founder member and organizer of the whole thing. You designed the logo. It wouldn't be cool to play without you.

Why don't you just change teams like I did? ;)

I will be really sad if you don't paly. ANd i am sorry that i had all those blow ups. I am sure warren is too. It is hard in the heat of the moment...

What about a double wigket thingy like i suggested? less time and more fielders and we colud just keep rotating people until we are lal tired and go home?

Plus can we even get the venue if you not going to be there?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

The venue can easily be handled by Mitch. If Mitch decides that this is enough, then we'll pass on contact details to anyone who takes upthe reins.

The point is not so much about the blow ups. They hurt the whole vibe, but hardly damaged my views. I'm not one to get riled easily, and very little upsets me.

No it is more the time it takes. I just have too much to do. Like I said - I expect the games to continue. I just won't be there.

Thanks for the vote of confidence tho'. Kinda nice. Brings a lump or two to the ol' throat. I'll rim you tonight, to show my appreciation.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Ah man that makes me really sad. But it is your decision and i will support you either way Paelleon!

Also just think about the fact that soon you will have kids and then you won't have any free time? You will miss spending the whole of Sunday wasting away the hours playing cricket!!

the rimming should cheer me up though but not nearly enough
Last edited by Ceek on October 30, 2006, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

we're beyond rimming each other for forgiveness now ...

this really blows!!! :tantrum:

i hope you change your mind alex!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Well I don't know ... going for that truck load of runs in my last two overs may have pushed me over the limit. ;)

I kid, you understand. It was gorgeous to watch. I just wish I had been watching from the sidelines, rather than in the field; and certainly not standing (panting in my unfit, exhausted manner) at the non-striker's wicket.

No really. Wonderfully batted.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

:lashflirt:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I think the biggest problem is that games start an hour and a half odd after they should. If we had started at 9 Alex would actually have still gotten half a sunday to do stuff with. I wish there was some way of enforcing the fact that people arrive on time, then it wouldn't take all day.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I actually think it is silly to start at 9. It is too early and it means we play through the hottest time (12). That si why test cricket only starts at 10 or 10.30 or whatever. So that they don't play at the hottest time of the day?

If you will remember in the very first ever thread i suggested we have strict time limits for everything but no one listens to me.

Cricket takes a long time. Two 30 overs innings take a long time. If you want it to be shorter we should play less overs. Simple as that.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

agreed ... make it 20 over games and start at 2

exactly like high school.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Agreed, amazingly, with Ceek here. But then it wouldn't be a game.

To be honest - a cricket game does take a long time. It isn't called an ONE DAY International for some arbitrary reason. It does take a full day. That's why I think I'll just play in the nets.

I didn't mean for this post to be the death knell. Just informative, stating my reasons unequivocally, and as simply as possible. The play should continue - I just can't commit that amount of time, for an activity that is becoming less and less enjoyable.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

putting in my 0.02c worth, i also hope you change your mind. i can't imagine how much time a wife must take up, but for god's sake, bring her with.

i'm sure there are a lot of girlfriends who wouldn't mind coming through and watching on a sunday while their significant others desperately gasp for air before passing out on the cricket pitch.

my special lady friend has even offered to bring sandwiches, and then strip.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

my ladyfriend wanted to come yesterday , but i told her she would more than likely be the only ladyfriend.

if we can get our ladyfriends to hang out n do girly stuff, like muff diving and shit ... that'd be pretty cool.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Matt, she was there on the Sunday. She even brought me sandwiches.

Although she didn't explicitly state that me playing the entire day was a no-no, the body language and air of "you're-a-fucking-idiot" gave me enough of a clue.

To be frank, she doesn't really mind. I just have too much to do to justify the time.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

masterb wrote:my ladyfriend wanted to come yesterday , but i told her she would more than likely be the only ladyfriend.

if we can get our ladyfriends to hang out n do girly stuff, like muff diving and shit ... that'd be pretty cool.
that's exactly what i told my ladyfriend yesterday, and she would have loved to come.

and after that, she would have arrived at the cricket :leering:

but yeah, i wouldn't mind getting some chicks to watch our awesomeness.
Last edited by Tenacious B on October 30, 2006, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

masterb, that is the best idea yet. I've been trying to get her to "interact" with her friends in a more intimate fashion for as long as we've been together. She just refuses to do it.

I don't understand. I loan her the tapes of us, but she never reciprocates. :shrug:

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

although to be fair ... i was far more awesome than anybody else ... you run the risk of your ladyfriends leaving with me if they watch me play

:yu:

Biskit
Penis Fancier

Post by Biskit »

how about this - bring her with again, all the lady friends can bring sandwiches and they can all sit and stare at the field with the "you're-a-fucking-idiot" look until they actually realise that they are enjoying themselves out in the fresh air and sun with some female chit-chat and muff diving?
What would .Matt do?

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i know !!! i mean, sheesh, muff diving and shopping ... i wish MY life was that simple ...

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

wow that sounds like the perfect life

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sorry to bring the thread back on track but if my girlfriend wanted me to sit around the whole day and watch her play sport while having erotic play with my friends I would be most upset and wouldn't do it.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Exactly Chris. And put that way - I well understand it.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

you'd be right if we were in any way being serious.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i believe in the right for every woman to decide whether or not to participate in hot girl-on-girl action while watching me play cricket.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Sorry to hear, Alex. You did great in getting this all started. But it'll be cool still clubbing you in the nets ;)

I for one still enjoy the majority of the event, but it is unlikely that OCC side will continue as it stands, we'll just have to make a plan to absorb those still keen??
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks Mitch. And you may be right. Maybe consolidating teams would be a wise move. Matt can get his Oddville name back ...

Drac
THREAD KILLER

Post by Drac »

It is sad to hear that you are not up for the games anymore but I can understand. Being newly-wed, it makes sense that your better half would want to spend more time with you. These cricket games drag on for too long in the end and everyone gets edgy.

The fact that you still want to play in the nets from time to time is a good sign and I will be more than happy to bowl a few at you...I mean, too you,
when you are up for it.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i'm not entirely convinced about the idea of consolidating the teams.

i'm sure mitch can find a replacement (well, as much as anyone can replace alex) and we can carry on as before.

well, almost as before. obviously the gay sex quotient has now sadly dropped.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I think the problem here is that you all need to take your women in hand. Why is the bitch even considering coming to the cricket? Shouldn't she be chained to the kitchen sink so she can make you some pie for when you get home? It seems only Chris and I know how to really control our women. You don't see them at the games and what's more you don't hear a single word of complaint out of them. I have two words for you bastards: Domestic violence!!

Oh god please don't let Tammy read this.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah warren and I are the Man.

hope tammy doesn't read this