Jolly Roger Team

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Jolly Roger Team

Post by Rebel Pope »

Bryn has organised a team from the Jolly Roger who are keen to play against us. He will be playing for them in that game. Please let me know when the field is available as apparently they are really keen.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

cool! i'd love to play for oddville in that game...

kick some jolly roger butt.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

yeah, let me know if i'm needed. i'd love to turn the tables on that hellhole.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

i need you...

:tantrum:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I was thinking maybe we could organise a small four team league this season. Us, Matt's team, Jolly and Mech Shrub. It might be fun to play eac other in a round robin sort of way with a final at the end. Maybe have a braai that day and everything? What do you guys think?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i could dig that.

neil: :lashflirt:

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

grin

i can't be any more forward now ...

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Sounds cool.

I'm off till the weekend of 14/15 October - but that doesn't mean you mofo's can't play right. Who else wants to help with the whole admin side of this thing anyways? I can always PM them the number of the groundsman.

Warren, as for the round-robin style tournament, we'll work on the idea. Draw teams, set up a schedule, etc etc. I like it. And if I can sort this emblem thing out soon - we may even be able to play the finals in team colours.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay apparently the organiser of the mech shrub team is now playing for Jolly so we can rule mech shrub out. The schedule will therefore go as follows.

Sunday October 22: Oddville CC vs The Jolly
Sunday October 29: Matt 11 vs Oddville CC
Sunday November 5: Matt 11 vs The Jolly
Sunday November 12: Oddville CC vs The Jolly
Sunday November 19: Matt 11 vs Oddville CC
Sunday November 26: Matt 11 vs The Jolly

Sunday December 3: The Final

Same match rules as last season
5 points for Victory by an Innings
4 points for a Victory
2 points for a draw
1 point for showing up with a full team.
Two teams with the most points at the end contest the final. Last placed team buys a case of beers which will be given to the winning team.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Good job - now how many per team? I'm suggesting 8 a side.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

although this whole thing is exciting as hell and it's nice to see a schedule, i have exams the day after two of those dates and thus will not be able to play.

still, i'll organise my team and see if they can.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Also who captains each side. I think Matt 11 is pretty fucking obvious. But Oddville, and Jolly are less so. Unless Matt objects to the name of that team ... maybe we need an Oddville A and Oddville B.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

that's a good point.

technically, i'd prefer the "oddville" team to have only oddville players, whereas my team has both oddville and non-oddville players.

basically, if the ex-mech shrub team has only oddville (or almost) then feel free to call yourself oddville CC - as long as i still get a fucking shirt.

i also think the captaincy of your team is basically down to you or warren - no one else is anywhere near as involved.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

How many players in a side? I would like to submit a CeeK team as last season it was made pretty clear that no one wants me on their side. I realise this would change the Schedule and stuff but it is just an idea.

Oh and alex I still have some like two shitty cricket bats (and possibly other stuff i don't remember) that were left at the last game....FYI
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Matt, technically - the current OCC team is not full of exclusively Oddville players. Although the most common participants are at least registered.

I'm also drafting in new members in the form of Keith (a JC clone, with decent turn of pace) and Gareth (about as poor as me, but connects more often with the ball, and extracts a bit of turn every now and then). But I could always insist that they register - if we want to be pedantic about it.

As for the captaincy issue - I'd agree about the commitment. And so far neither Warren, nor myself have missed a game after commiting to it. But captaincy also requires a lot of knowledge, and I'd argue that there are many players who have more tactical expertise than I do - Fred, JC and Mitch are top of mind. Plus, if Darren is fit he has international experience (vause he missed my bachelors and has never pitched up to a practice even after saying he would); and then there is Keith who may have captained before. But that is up to the rest of oddville.

I'm very happy to do the job, but if we're going to do this properly then we need to elect a captain.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Chris, WTF? You are fine in the side - I actually almost expect you there. Okay, so you sometimes piss me off, but no more than Warren. And you can play.

So I say again WTF?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

hey chris if those bitches don't like you you can play for my squad. also our treehouse is better than their treehouse and my mom will bake cookies.

:leering:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Fuck off Matt, we need every bat we can get.

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc »

Rebel Pope wrote:Last placed team buys a case of beers which will be given to the winning team.
only one case of beer for an entire cricket team? that's silly. every member of the last placed team should be buying a case of beers to give to the winning team...
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Firstly: It's just a token prize
Secondly: Yes eight members per team - I said same rules as last season
Thirdly: Matt WTF the baking cookies remark? Are you the new Michelle?
Fourthly: I think Mitch should captain: Here's why - He has balls and isn't afraid to make decisions and fuck everyone else. His mind isn't made up by the rest of the team shouting commands at him and as Alex said he has a firm tactical understanding.
Fifthly: Is there such a word as fifthly?
Sixthly: Still not sure about that fifthly thing
Seventhly: If Chris isn't in my team then I'm not playing.
Eighthlt: You are all ghey!!
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Alright then. I second the vote on Mitch. Any other nominations?

LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! »

i bake great cookies
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

tetrahc
Penis Fancier

Post by tetrahc »

Rebel Pope wrote:Firstly: It's just a token prize
well, if it's a token prize, surely a ph47 spliff would be more appropriate? :toking:

:sigh: yes, i know. i'm sorry. i'll stay away from your cricket threads from now on. I'm just so damned jealous, what with sitting here on this bleedin continent where hardle anyone's ever even heard of cricket... :(
You're traveling through another dimension,
a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind...

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i think fifthly works fine.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Thanks for the vote of confidenceGuys, it makes me lank happy! But last season I am sure i remember you guys saying that you would be better off playing without me? I remember being all offended and thinknig i would never play again. Anyway I am willing to play and will do my best not to freak out this season. I must insist however that we apply the no-ball rule correctly!! I also think that i should be captain but am always happy to play under whoever is on top of me. In fact that is how i met Polly. :dumdumdish:
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Good to know Chris. And I don't remember the incident to which you refer. That said, you did freak out a lot last year, so they all just blurred into one long continuous hissy fit.

Which is one reason I think Mitch is a better choice as captain.

Now don't get offended. I still love you in a completely gay way. And Warren assures me he is willing to give you great sex again, just as soon as he's done with Rob.

As for the whole noball rule - I was bowled off a noball in the first match I played in, so I'm leaning in your direction on that one. Of course every other time I lost my wicket was just the plain blindingly shit play I indulge in, so I can't really complain.

Now let's all play nice this year ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

All I am saying is that we can't have guys consistently bowling head high full-tosses and expect it to be a game of cricket.

When i am president you guys will all be my bitches. Especially Mitch.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i am also 100% for playing the no-ball rule correctly. i am, however, completely against mocking and abusing people for bowling badly.

unless it's warren, in which case i reserve the right to take out full-page ads in the sunday papers ridiculing his tiny penis and commenting on how cheap his mother's blowjobs are.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Well said Matt. Being one of those crap bowlers myself, I applaud your resolve.

And Warren has got a micropenis; however I find his mother to be well priced. In fact, the only person who I feel charges incorrectly is your mom - she charges way too much.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

.Matt wrote:i am also 100% for playing the no-ball rule correctly. i am, however, completely against mocking and abusing people for bowling badly.

unless it's warren, in which case i reserve the right to take out full-page ads in the sunday papers ridiculing his tiny penis and commenting on how cheap his mother's blowjobs are.
Considering what an awful bowler I am, I seem to take your wicket a hell of a lot from what i can recall Matt :cool3:
- Jimmy Carr