Results from the game 7th May

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Ceek
Anal Investigator

Results from the game 7th May

Post by Ceek »

Oddville CC went down easily to Matt's CC in the final game of the season.

Notable performance cliffords 0 off 1 falling to a brilliantly quick delivery which just touched the glove and was taken quite smartly by Mitch who is developing nicely as a wickey.

There are a lot of areas we need to improve before next year. I am sorry that i suggested putting on a strike bowler but we really did need to get a wicket as they were totally empowering women (yes i will write it myself if it is such a problem to have a word censor for it) us.

Anyway well played all and a fun day!! Except when donovan bowled like 6 head high full tosses in a row resulting in me getting into an argument with everyone on my team and the matt CC but in my defence it just wasn't cricket and i would do it again in a second. It has atually made me consider denig an umpiring course and starting to umpire professionally. It also made me realise that i care more about being right than being liked. ;)

I love cricket!!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Yes. It was fun.

We'll have practice during the off season. I am considering moving the captaincy to someone else tho'. I have a win ratio of 0% from 2 games.

I'll post practice times and sessions when I know when.

I also need the scorecards from both games in order to update our stats. Matt/Andrew has the one; and I'm assuming Chris has the other.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I tihnk i may have both?? I have whatever i have i will check when i go to my car. I will scan and email you whatever i have!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Re: Results from the game 7th May

Post by Mitch »

Ceek wrote:taken quite smartly by Mitch who is developing nicely as a wickey.
And really enjoying it too. Though my thighs are killing me as a result (It's like doing two hundred really slow squats).

Missed bowling a bit though I have to say - but if I were forced to chose I would probably stick to keeping

PS. I love cricket!!!
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I think our problem wasn't actually the bowling which wasn't too bad. It was the batting. Just as our bastmen got going they got out and often in rather stupid ways. eg: Guy's run out. We didn't post a large enough score cause whenever people got into the twenties they went out. Compared with Matt's team where two bastmen retired on fifty and you'll see the difference between the sides.

Anyway I have really enjoyed playing again and have particularly enjoyed the smack talk I have delivered to Steve the duck.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

HAHAHAH WE FUCKING KILLED YOU GUYS HAHAHAHAHA

srsly, we all had a great time. if i may be critical for a moment, as the opposing captain i have a couple of pointers:

firstly, you have 3 excellent strike bowlers in chris, guy and jc. i'm not sure whether it's just the house rules we play with, but a 15 or 20 over spell from those three would really hamper any team. rob also has a lot of promise, but i still believe he's bowling the wrong speed - you're wasted at the moment.

second, you really need to work on your running. i've seen at least three occasions in the last two matches where bad calling/not hearing/stupid running have cost you important wickets.

third, if you're going to send in your 5th and 6th batsmen with 15 overs to go, i can't say it seems worth it to let them block it out. i would have told at least one of them to try to push it. as it was, the final wickets were taken reasonably cheaply, when some of those overs should have been punished.

well done to neil, who i think played superbly, warren, for catching me (because he's a fucking bitch) and donavyn for dividing the opposition, just as planned. :D

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

I vote for steve to never umpire again.
I'd Fuck Me!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Clifford you were out dude. The entire team heard a noise, went up for an appeal and the ball deviated from the bat. You claim it didn't touch anything. Highly unlikely. You were out.

Also re: the strike bowlers. While our strike bowlers were on you guys were cleaning up. You guys all love the ball coming on to you. Rob took the breakthrough wicket because of his slower pace. Of all nine wickets taken on the day seven were from slow bowlers, one was a run out and one was chris' ball down the leg side which clifford chased and knicked. Wickets on that pitch do not come from pace they come from taking the pace off the ball. Neil and particularly Fred only ever looked vaguely uncomfortable once the pace was taken off. Even poor slow bowling does better on that pitch than good fast bowling. Matt's wicket is the perfect case in point. He was cruising along then the pace was taken off the ball and he fell. There is no debate here the stats speak for themselves.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i second that, just because he keeps moaning about how he should have brought his glasses.

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

bring on the next game, and then we shall see. Revenge.
I'd Fuck Me!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah but the slow bowlers bowled more overs than anyone else. While taking the pace off the ball is a good strategy when you get it wrong it is easy to hit. Furthermore Fred and neil weren't running at all basically and were just waiting for the bad ball. They didn't look it trouble at all against the slow bowling. We can't sit back and bowl slow and hope that on one of the two bad balls per over that the batsman hits it to a fielder. Basically our strike bowlers didn't bowl enough overs and that is why they were so far ahead of the run rate that it was impossible to stop them. Bryn bowled terribly as did alex.

Bromehead took all his wickets with quicker balls.

Clifford you were totally out and if steve hadn't given that wicket he would have been cheating. Get over it. AS i predicted you were my bunny now get back in your hutch.

Having said that we didn't make enough runs in the first place. This is the top 3 batsmans fault and a lot of the blame should go to me.

Although i must say having warren standing at square leg shouting derogatory things about his own team was a really poor display and pissed me off totally. Furthermore this may very well have been the reason i lost my composure and went for the short ball. Also if you carry on doing that type of stuff i am not going to play.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

although i agree that warren's comments are both disturbing and distracting, my initial response is that if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

warren never shuts up, i've learned to deal with it.

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

fuck that hutch.

I am no-ones bunny.

You chris will be the sheep to my australian. the question is, are you ready to be fucked so badly.(cricket wise, or any sport wise)
I'd Fuck Me!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Ceek wrote: Bromehead took all his wickets with quicker balls.
Yup, I've gotta learn to play that....

I found the slower bowling easier to face but harder to score off.

Having said that my Gareth Hobbs style would find half trackers hard to score off.

I will find my drive again and then you will all be afraid.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah dude but trying to undermine your own teams performance by sledging your own team is just bullshit.

And i really don't know what clifford's comment means....

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i admit, his captaining style leaves much to be desired, but i doubt he'll change it anytime soon. and i, of course, find it hilarious.

bring on the next sport - my team will be more than happy to beat you at whatever sport you choose :D

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Lol. Warren wasn't captian.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

shows you how awake i was :gonk:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

@Chris: Yeah - I didn't bowl all that well, but only my second over went for runs as I pitched it too full. And all those runs came from Fred's bat (6,4,4). My first over went for very little. Calling my bowling shit could well be a little harsh ...

My batting was shit - without doubt.

@Matt: Who's captaincy? You find my style leaves much to be desired. Well, that's true enough. The plans worked out much better in my head ...

From my point of view, and I'll comment on myself as I'm the best person to do that, it was the worst game I've played. All the work I did in the last game in terms of my batting went to hell; and my bowling was too full to be effective. The only positive thing was that a single wicket plan worked - the rest were dumb luck and good performances from the rest of the team - and my line was good (pity about the length).

That's it - two positives (and they're a stretch) and a whole bucket load of negatives. I'm not too happy about my game.

It was still enjoyable.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

sorry, i directed the captaining comment at warren, due to his tendency to belittle his own players.

your captaining was far superior, and i don't think you had a terrible match.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Oh please. My match was the worst I have played. Apart from the very first game, where I scored 8 and 5 and went for 10+ an over for 4 overs.

I'd just like to add that I'm not Ntini - but I ain't Mick Lewis either ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I didn't say shit i said terribly. And i meant that second over.

But don't be too hard on yourself we are still learning and it is only our 3rd or maybe 5th (don't know how many i have missed) game so we still figuring everything out.

As for your captaincy i thought you did pretty well. We were all giving you contradicting advice which coludn't have been easy and there is not much you can do when your bowlers don't bowl according to plan.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

besides shooting them in the face with a high-powered rifle.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Ceek wrote:
Although i must say having warren standing at square leg shouting derogatory things about his own team was a really poor display and pissed me off totally. Furthermore this may very well have been the reason i lost my composure and went for the short ball. Also if you carry on doing that type of stuff i am not going to play.
Chris the only player I made remarks about in our team was Mitch and that's just cause I tease him about running out our team mates all the time. If you want to blame anyone for your hopeless performance with the bat blame yourself. You were beautifully thought out by Bromhead and that's all there is to it. I think the fact that you have such intense rage over this just shows how unobservant you actually were out there and that might give more of a clue as to your poor performance with the bat.
Firstly during the over in which you cahsed that ball I was umpiring. Secondly the only thing I said to you was after you were out I said, hard luck Neil's flight is impossible to read. Which threw you into a mad rage. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions. Your little hissy fits pissed everyone off at the cricket and now you are having one at me for something I never even did to you.
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

if it makes any of you feel any better, bromehead and i had almost all of you worked out within an over :D

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Yeah Bromhead had a great game. No doubt he was man of the match.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Ahhh ... We were playing against two Flemings! That explains it.

Shit, and here I am ... less like Stephen Fleming, and more like Nassar Husain - possibly the worst captain ever to play cricket. :hmm:

Never stood a chance!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Warren you were standing at Square leg going . "Oh chris fred nearly got you there. You were nearly yorked. You are so lucky oh wow fred you nearly got him out there." Anyone can testify to that. I don't stand there pointing out your shortcomings while you are batting. I mean ribbing the opposition is one thing but ribbing your own team is another thing entirely. You also ripped guy off for ages about being run out. I am not making this up.

I don't care i am not going to discuss it but if you ever do that to me again i am walking off the field. Enough said.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

Rebel Pope wrote:No doubt he was man of the match.
not to mention the thief of my heart. :blush:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Oh sorry chris. It was your misuse of the word derogatory which put me off. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to congratulate the opposition bowler on what was an amazing ball and express relief to you that you were still in.

At the time you laughed about it, now it has become another reason why you got out that had nothing to do with you. On sunday you blamed the fact that the ball was a no ball which I didn't call, now you are blaming "derogatory remarks". Why can't you just admit it was your fault.
You seem to have a problem with admitting your own errors (a rant at how you couldn't stop Fred hitting sixes off you cause of the pitch comes to mind as well).

Secondly the comments I made to Guy were not made while he was batting and so have nothing to do with your initial remark. When guy went out he looked at you askance and I told him you had called stay "about a million time" then i teased him while we were fielding. This is irrelevant to your argument.

I think I will be speaking for more than just myself when I say your mini-tirades at cricket wouldn't be missed should you decide to not pitch up at the next game. So please don't consider your threats as having any weight whatsoever.
- Jimmy Carr