Proposed Game Sunday 7th May 2006

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

although maybe if we only play one innings i could totally make it if we start early.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I was going to aim for 10.30. We could go for 10.00?

I'm going to be there by 9.00, but the outfield will be dewy which fucks the ball up.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Let's start at ten. No problem there though I would like to play two Innings. Maybe Matt just plays one?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Warren, we hardly have the stamina for one - let alone two.

Maybe we can run two games - one of 30 overs; and a second with whoever can and wants to play with as many overs as we feel we can survive ...

Stiff Cliff
Penis Fancier

Post by Stiff Cliff »

i liked the formate we played with last time.

but i am cool for one innings like a proper match.
I'd Fuck Me!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I was actually thinking about it and i propose that the original format paelleon suggested (a million threads ago) may be the best. Why don't we just have batsmen in the middel and they rotate and we all play until we are totally tired. We have a couple drinks breaks in between but no real teams as such. We could play that the highest partnership wins or whatever but really what i would like is a long bowling spell.

Although any format is fine with me!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I like the competition factor of it. I feel playing without competition is quite nonsensical. I don't mind playing two games but I must admit that I like the two innings format for two reasons: 1.) Everyone gets a chance to bat an equal amount and 2.) If you cock up one innings (as we did against Matt's team) then at least you get a chance to come back.

P.S Alex: I am sure your stamina has nothing to do with your anti-two innings stance. I think it might have a little something to do with the bolloscksing you got form the missus :wife: :jig:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I will only make 1 innings.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

haha. i also think it is missus related ;).

The competition aspect is a consideration i agree. But i really don't like the idea of reversing the batting order. If you want competitiveness then we should work around building a consistent team with defined roles. I know that is total overkill but that is why i suggest the rotation format. That way you may bat 6 or 7 times in a day?

I love winnig at cricket too. But i love playing it more. No wait i love winning more. Anyway my point is that if we play with restrictions then people can only bowl a certain amount of overs and only bat once but wouldn't it be more fun to bowl as much as you want and bat as many times as you want?

Again i am not too worried about this and will play whichever format we decide.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Well Chris why don't we do this. We play the one Innings game then we let all the whipped people go home and we play more cricket all day? who is prepared to stay later?
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

One innings, two games - limited overs.

1. Proper batting orders
2. People play at their strengths
3. Defined roles

And I'll decide on the day if I can stay later or not. I am whipped. Very. But we do role reversal every now and then too ...

Oh and Ceek: Rotation is fine if we have less than enough for two teams - but we have plenty. I prefer a real game format. It is something to consider should we end up with 6 a side again. Better than bowling rank full tosses.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

As i said i don't mind how we play i just love playing but if i can make a predicition : "There will not be two full sides on Sunday."

But i will definately be there.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Off topic - anyone going to the cricket on Saturday?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I wanted to but i am going to a wedding ;( WAit doesn't it start today? Must be tomorrow?

Spitfire
Fag

Post by Spitfire »

Hi Guys

I trust you are all well.

I work with Alex, im the guy that player cricket up in Zim and friends with Richard Snell.

Im going to come around Sunday and check it out, if you need players i will need a runner lol.

Cheers
Darren

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Ceek wrote:I wanted to but i am going to a wedding ;( WAit doesn't it start today? Must be tomorrow?
Starting tomorrow. Damn work.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Spitfire wrote:Hi Guys

I trust you are all well.

I work with Alex, i<b></b>m the guy that player cricket up in Zim and friends with Richard Snell.

i<b></b>m going to come around Sunday and check it out, if you need players i will need a runner lol.

Cheers
Darren

Hi Darren.

Apart from his atrocious spelling and grammar he is quite a cool guy. Pity he walks with a crutch currently ... He's also mentioned the possibility of getting us the use of Roodeport's Cricket grounds - full club sized grounds - so we will have to set up a game with a full 11 a side sometime in the near future.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Full size field with a full team sounds AWESOME!!!!!!

And darren don't worry about the spelling if you know Richard then all is good.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

i know richard...biblically. :leering: