The OCC official kit

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Paelleon
Penis Fancier

The OCC official kit

Post by Paelleon »

Hi,

I'm thinking we could get shirts made up. I need someone arty to design and post it for me tho'.

I'm thinking the following: A shield, showing stylised stumps, with a ribbon below. In the ribbon we put the slogan, and the O.C.C. initials below that. For slogans, choose from amongst the following (or suggest better):

Bovina Sancta! - Holy cow!
Braccae tuae aperiuntur - Your fly is open
Corripe Cervisiam - Seize the beer!

Try this site for more inspiration. http://www.yuni.com/library/latin.html I couldn't find a direct translation for either 'Gay' or 'Promiscuity' :1tear:

I have a contact - who is willing to make the order, even at only 12 units. I can get quotes once I have the design as it depends on colours and size.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

if it's going to be officially oddville sanctioned, i'd really like for the shirts to have the oddville crown on them somewhere. if you'd like some design ideas i'd be more than happy to provide them.

i may also be able to put a couple of hundred bucks in to the printing.

as for slogans, some of the ones we've had here are:

"where the bold fuck the beautiful"
"rimming and felching the american dream since 2003"
"anal sex: not just for preteens"
"three sheets to the wind, and stoned as a six day camel"

obviously you can pick your own, just a couple of ideas from the past.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Excellent! Yes - the crown must appear. We still need someone with a program other than paint, and skill better than a partially rabid monkey to create and post the design.

We can always edit the slogan after the shield and ribbon device are designed. I'm keen for a latin motto tho' ...

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Encouraging Gay Promiscuity Since 2003 - isn't that our slogan?

Do I still get to keep the lumo-green tight shorts I bought for cricket?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Mitch, I would love to use Encouraging Gay Promiscuity - if you could find me a Latin translation ...

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I'll use my Asterix inspired latin skills :

Encourigingus Gauius Promiscuos tu MMIII

Googles translation to Italian is :

promiscuity gay consigliare dal 2003 (MMIII)
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I was thinking real Latin phrases. But we'll put it to vote.

If size isn't important (but it will be because we'll have to pay for printing) we could go for these:

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus - Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries
Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear

But since size is an issue - we may want to consider: Virgo intacta - Intact virgin. Maybe we should look traditional: Romani ite Domum is always popular ... (or the original version - Romanus eunt Domus I believe)

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Firstly i love this idea and was talking about something similar with Guy recently.

The crown must be our main emblem and I also like "Encouraging gay promescuity since 2003" in Latin

Guy suggested that we each buy whatever T-shirt we want to and then send them all in for printing at the same time? I specifically like this because i want to get a proper good quality cricket shirt and not something that will break straight away.

Also what about "size is not an issue" in latin?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Can't find promiscuity or promiscuos? Any suggestions?

cohortor - to encourage
hilaris - gay

since - quandoquidem, quoniam, cum, siquidem, utpote
2003 - MMIII?? (this one i made up but we can lok up the correct one)

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/lat.html

It is just promiscuous that we don't have.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

well i have more than passing photoshop skills, and have most of the logos ready to go.

is the printing being done like a normal t-shirt (middle of the chest logo, with slogan below), like a golf shirt (logo above pocket, slogan on or below pocket)...

basically let me know what design you need, front or back, big or small etc. and i'll get it to you.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

prōmiscuus

http://www.answers.com/topic/promiscuous

The word is based on latin but there is no direct translation go figure.

I prefer the golf shirt type idea. i don't want a big emblem in the middle. But i wouldn't mind getting our names on the back? Are we thinking White shirts with an emblem? This is my preference. Maybe the oddville blue would be nice as well?

As he stated matt can do the design and photoshopping etc. I would volunteer but i will just get irritated with photoshop eventually!!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

hilaris cohort cum promiscuus ?

cum hilaris cohort promiscuus?

In Latin in doesn't matter what order the words are in what do you all think is the best order?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

hillaris cum promiscuus cohort?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks Matt and Chris.

White Golf shirts, badge emblem on the breast. Names on back could be cool.

Lets stick with two colours (oddville blue on white), a shield with the oddville crown above; and the ribbon below. Picture of stumps or bat leaning on stumps or ball breaking stumps etc in the shield.

Text in the ribbon:

COHORTOR HILARIS PRōMISCUUS cum MMIII
O.C.C

See what you can do.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

ok i can dig it. two questions:

1) you mind if i combine the shield and the crown? could look quite cool. the stumps will be on the shield, ribbon below, with the text on the ribbon.

2) when do you need it for? i can do most of the work on it tomorrow, and probably get it to you for the weekend.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

1. Try both - I'd like to see the effect. It sounds cool.
2. No rush. Do whenever you can. I'll only email the design through to the shop for quotes when we all agree.

Thanks again - I'm drooling in anticipation.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I don't mean to be a party pooper but Hilaris is clearly the translation of "to be happy" hence Hilaris (Hilarity) it does not mean, a man who puts his penis in the bottom of another man. I suggest you try again on that word.
Anyway whatever you guys decide I will be in.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i picked that up, but i reckon it's quite funny - like an intentional misspelling.

in fact, if we can get something even closer to the idea of gay as "happy", it would work even better.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Homo is Latin already I assume, so all we need is 'sexual' and we are there!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I challange you to find another latin word that is closer to Gay or homosexual because i don't think these were concept sthat were covered by the latin language? I tried homosexual and some variations on gay but I couldn't get anything better than hillaris!! I think it works well. We know what it means.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Good point mitch. Damn still can't find it. I fonud the greek word for homosexual really easily though :lol:

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

proveho hilaris promiscuity utpote 2003

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_o ... h&to=Latin

This is the best Latin translator i have found so far. Although now as i try homosexual it has broken ;(

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Oh fuck it - we'll go with that one.

I liked the fact that we worked off the literal translation of gay earlier. It's funny.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I prefer cum to utpote...

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I think I have a big giant Oxford English-Latin dictionary at home. I will check it there.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

the romans didn't have a word for homosexual in the same way that fish don't have a word for water.

i like hilaris.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Matty ... where is my design? You still want me to give you that long blowjob don't you ...

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

i'm actually almost done - i just need to find a nice ribbon design and finish off the stumps.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Looking forward to it.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Bumping to remind Mr Matt.

Oh, do you still need a stumps picture to use?