Proposed game Sunday 16th of April OCC Vs. Matt's CC

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I am still unconfirmed for the 9th. Waiting to get proper details from Matt about his birthday. 16th absolute definately there. Matt is your team confirmed??? I can see us playing against ourselves on that day.

Like your ideas skipper. Bowling partnerships = good idea++. Batting order i have some similar ideas. I don't want to post them here in case the other team sees it though!! Will Pm you.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

no concrete details for the 9th. 8th is going to be havoc, and i'm not sure what time we'll get back from skydiving. it may possibly be an all-night thing.

on the 9th itself we're probably looking at an afternoon braai.

the 16th is totally on. 4 players from my side confirmed, waiting to hear from 5 more. oh, and steve botha is very keen to score/umpire.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Umm.... you can't just stay all night at the sky-diving place. Or can you - i don't know. Could you find out some details matt. Are you organising this or is someone else doing it?

Tell steve he actually has to be aware of the rules to be an umpire. And he has to know something about the game to score. We have our own scorer who knows the rules of the game. You guys can provide your own if you want.

Well with 4 confirmations i am happy to progress. please just keep us informed as the rest confirm.

Guy says there is no problem for him. And John just needs to check the date. Is it too late for John to play for us?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

you can stay all night at the skydiving place - they have beds and blankets and everything. i guess it will depend on how drunk we get. if we don't get ridiculously pissed out of our heads, we'll probably head to reg's house and have a braai and pass out in his jacuzzi.

steve knows the rules. cricket is his favourite sport. but it was just an offer, if you already have an umpire then go for it, unless you'd still like to phone him up and abuse him or something.

i'll let you know when the rest let me know.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

oh man , i really really need to get my 'a' into 'g' and start jolling cricket with you guys.

i read these threads and i get pangs of jealousy ...

if only i wasn't such a lazy bastard !

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

LOL yeah come on bromehead get involved!!!

As i said we have a scorer. Bring Steve if you must but i am taking it on your word that he knows the rules. My mom also loves cricket. She doesn't know all the rules though.

Sorry matt don't mean to be pushy but your thing is 100%? If so what are the provisional plans. So far i know we are driving somewhere far away where you will all sky-dive. Not very specific....

Must i tell John he isn't playing??

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

@ Matt, an impartial umpire would be nice.
@ Ceek, first 8 to confirm can play. If Russel can't give me a definite then John can take his place. We may want to win, and will be competetive when the match is on, but it is still a social event.

Is Guy good for both 9th and 16th?

16th so far: Me, Chris, Warren, Bryn, Mitch, Rob, Guy. We need one more confirmation - John or Russel or whoever ...

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Whoops - speak of the devil. Russel just confirmed. So we have a full 8 for the 16th.

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

the plans are: we are leaving at 8am saturday, driving to witbank, training, jumping out of a plane, getting drunk, then deciding on whether to come home or sleep over. obviously its totally up to you what you do.

and yes, it's 100%.

like i said, i would bring steve if he was needed. you have a scorer. therefore he doesn't need to come. qed.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

No Guy will be doing Matt's thing whatever it is on the 9th... as will i most likely. So we both unlikely but possible for 9th. Depending on what happens. Sorry wish i could be more specific.

I can't choose between John and Russel. They are probably our 2 best players ;).

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Well since Russel is confirmed we would have to drop a player for John. Maybe Bryn :leering:

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

drop chris :banjo:

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

Paelleon wrote:Well since Russel is confirmed we would have to drop a player for John. Maybe Bryn :leering:
thank you for not suggesting me :gentleman:
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Nah Rob - you going for a duck is better than Bryn going for 15 no balls ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I think we need Russel real bad. Also no dropping real OCC players ever, not even the captain :evillaugh:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Yay! My quest to be like Smith is fast approaching completion ... I'm crap yet undroppable!

So it looks like John is out ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Bryn has officially confirmed and says he won't try to bowl leg spin so that should take care of the no balls.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Cool i will tell John. So the players are set. The venue is set. The tactics are in place.

Now we just need some industrial size lube and we are ready to go. Good work gentlemen.

Now what about having a practice?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

As a quick practice - sorry Warren, I know you're going to be at the cricket - and indeed probably everyone is.

So, to start again:

For those of you not at the cricket, or who are aiming to go later than 10: Nets on Staurday - I'll be there from 9 am. All welcome. Especially Rob who makes my mouth water ...

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

Paelleon wrote:As a quick practice - sorry Warren, I know you're going to be at the cricket - and indeed probably everyone is.

So, to start again:

For those of you not at the cricket, or who are aiming to go later than 10: Nets on Staurday - I'll be there from 9 am. All welcome. Especially Rob who makes my mouth water ...
sorry to dissapoint but I too will be at the test match from the start of play that day. not averse to practice on sunday afternoon though if the hangover aint too bad.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Did we check if the 15th is available. Sorry to spring this now but i realise that i have abachealors party on the sunday.... It starts at noon. I am considering just going late to the party but if it is in any way passible i would love it if we could play on the saturday rather?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We can't play Saturday as Alex has already said the field is not available that day. Shit I hope you can make a plan.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

All he said was there may be problems on the 15th and didn't clarify.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Does everybody realize sunday is Easter Sunday and part of a long weekend? Just in case some people are a) religious b) doing family stuff c) going away?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

What about monday?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I've spoken with Frank. He has checked the board - and cricket season finishes the weekend before.

So the 15th is good, Monday is better. We need to decide because they will roll the pitch for us before hand - this will be needed as with the season finished the pitch is not being maintained. We may also be able to get them to mow the pitch.

Hmmm .... It's a batter's paradise already, some green may actually help the bowlers a bit ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Well the 15th or the monday are both better days for me and i am free. My initial preference is the saturday but as i say i am easy on this point. Sorry again to mess everyone around!!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I prefer saturday but not for any significant reason
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

How's that for your team matt?

Tenacious B

Post by Tenacious B »

saturdays not good dudes