Results of OCC vs. MSCC 12.3.2006

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Ceek
Anal Investigator

Results of OCC vs. MSCC 12.3.2006

Post by Ceek »

Well my excel file doesn't want to work but here is the match summary:

Oddville won the toss and elected to bat.

Chris - Bowled Chuck for 31
Rob - Bowled Thom for 1
Mitch - Caught Jared Bowled Thom for 2
Warren - Bowled Chuck for 8
Russell - Bawled Thom for 44
Bryn - LBW Jared for 27
Guy - Not out 0

Jared - 3.1 overs 1/15
Thom - 3 overs 3/12
John - 3 overs 0/22
Chuck - 3 overs 2/27
Tilmar - 2 overs 0/31
Pieter - 2 over 0/16

14 wides and one leg bye.

OCC Total 131 for 6 off 18 overs

MSCC to bat

John Caught Mitch Bowled Warren for 50
Tilman Caught Russel bowled Mitch for 6
Pieter Bowled Mitch for 13
Chuck Bowled Mitch for 0
Jared Bowled Rob for 0
Thom Bowled Bryn for 5
Thom not out 43

Guy 2 overs 0/15
Mitch 3 overs 3/24!!!
Chris 2 overs 0/8
Rob 2 overs 1/13
Bryn 2 overs 1/26
Russell 2 overs 0/6
Warren 2 overs 1/38

MSCC 128 all out (3 run deficit) 10 overs remaining

OCC bat again

Guy LBW John 35
Bryn LBW Jared 0
Russel Retired 51
Warren 31* (sorry dude i standed you)
Mitch run Out (Chris) 1 (sorry dude fielding umpires suck)
Rob bowled Tilman 0
Chris caught Tilman bowled Jared 9

Jared 4 overs 2/26
Thom 3 overs 0/38 (haha)
John 3 overs 1/20
Chuck 3 overs 1/37
Pieter 1 over 0/8
Tilman 1 over 1/10

8 wides

OCC all out for 136 10 overs remaining

MSCC bats again

Thom caught and bowled Chris 0 (Oh yeah!!)
Jared caught Mitch bowled Warren 9
Chuck caught Warren bowled Mitch 7 (including a massive 6 off Chris - well played chuck i am well impressed (you can play for us anytime and from what i have heard i would love to see you breaking the pull-up record again!!)
Pieter retired 54
Tilman LBW Warren 27
John 18*
Pieter caught and bomled Chris 0
Pieter doesn't say how it was out bowled Guy 0

Chris 4 overs 2/25
Guy 3 overs 1/7
Mitch 3 overs 1/17
Warren 4 overs 2/36
Bryn 2 overs 0/20
Rob 2 overs 0/20

Oh yes Rob dropped one catch :)

MSCC all out for 123 Losing by 17 runs they had 8 overs remaining.

I am tired of typing and am so stiff today (in a good way) but i loved playing cricket so much. We must do it again. And get even more people next time. Also mech shrub didn't povide the scorer, dancing ladies or players that they said they would so for once we are the reliable ones!!!!

Also someone who knows how should make the attached scorecard into something we could enter data on and then keep track of stuff like averages and highest runs in one over. etc. etc. because i can't use this thing at all. Maybe if you can make a toatlly new one that keeps track of everything? Okay i can't attach xlt files so fuck it. Someone make usa scoresheet with interactive features please??

Love you guys.

Next time Matta nd Bromehead must come and Al
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I'm pretty handy at Excel. You can drop me the file if you want - I suggest an email.

Sounds like a good game. Pity I missed it.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

An Access database might do the job beautifully. I'll look into writing one quickly when I have a bit of time
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Re: Results of OCC vs. MSCC 12.3.2006

Post by Mitch »

Ceek wrote: Pieter doesn't say how it was out bowled Guy 0
What do you mean by this Chris? Was he debating his wicket?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

can't wait to play next time and show you amateurs a thing or two :sweatdrop:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

So, what are you saying? You don't want or need my help?

Cool. I can live with that - your Access superiority complex is getting up my left nostril ... ;)

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Or alternatively we posted within a minute of eachother and so I didn't see your post. If I had been a minute quicker I could be accusing YOU of having an Excel superiority complex getting up my right nostril. :blahblah:

But at this point I will graciously concede to you.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sorry had to go home suddenly yesterday. Will post this excel file but change the extension to something that i can post like ppt but just change it back. I actually suggest starting a whole new one but if you want to use this as a strat that's cool as well.
Attachments
scorecard2005-1.2.xlt.ppt
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Also that cricket has been my happiest day this year. I totally loved it. Anyone who isn't playnig in our league really sholud start!! Wish you had been there alex. Thanks again for organising. How was your bachelors??

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Next time Ceek ... next time.

The bachelors was great. My legs are fucked. Has anyone ever hurtled down a mine dump on a board before? You really should. I then suggest you follow it up by drinking copious amounts of booze and staring blearily at a chick as she wipes her tits in your face and masturbates inches from your nose.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Ah Ceek - unless I fucked up a bit that file is a great template. It needs actual numbers in it though ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Here is a very simple overall batting average for everyone who has played cricket for Oddville (Turn away Rob and read no further):

Russel: 44; 50 not out: Average: 94
Chris: 66 not out; 31; 9: Average: 53
Warren: 21 not out; 22; 8; 31 not out: Average: 41
Guy: 0 not out; 35: Average: 35
Bryn: 57 not out; 14; 27; 0: Average: 32.666667
Mitch: 38 not out; 9; 0; 2; 1: Average: 12.5
Alex: 3, 5; 8; 6: Average: 5,5
Rob: 0; 0; 1; 0: Average: 0,25

If I have made any errors please let me know so I can change them and we can keep track.

Also please submit your bowling and fielding figures:

Mine are:
36/2 off five overs; 23/ 2 off 4 and 74/3 off 6.
Overs: 15 Runs: 133 Wickets: 7 Average: 8.86 Strike rate: 19.

Fielding
1 catch no run outs.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Hmmm,

First match is a tough one, as I can't remember how many I went for. I bowled 4 overs, no wickets, and went at about 9 an over - say 10 for modesty sake.

Second is easier: 3-0-16-2 (or was it three ... I got a caught and bowled, and I took Freddies middle stump - there may have been another one, but I can't remember)

So that makes it 2 innings; 7-0-56-2.

Cripes I have awful figures ... r.p.o of 8, and a strike rate of 21.

I also have 1 catch, no runouts. How was I dismissed? I think all bowled ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Paelleon wrote:Ah Ceek - unless I fucked up a bit that file is a great template. It needs actual numbers in it though ...
I couldn't unprotect the sheet so i didn't fill anything in. :(

Bacrhelors sounds cool.

I have taken two catches and a run-out and my bowling figures are somewhere up there. I don't want to think about what they were on that first day....

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - so how are we to start a proper record of averages and stats?

Do you have the paper scorecard? Do you want to send that to me, or do you just want me to write an app for you to record it all, and then you have custody of the data?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Umm the scores are all stated above. I can scan in the actual scoresheets if that helps?

I don't mind who hangs onto the data or who enters it but if someone really awnts to they can do it? Otherwise maybe we could have a rotational system?

Wish i had thought of scanning the things in instead of writing all that stuff out yesterday!! Will scan in and post here anyway!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks - the written out scores above are a summary. We need the ball by ball to work out proper stats.

If we want to do this properly I suggest we start from this match. Any disagreements? I'm guessing Mitch and Bryn may have a few words to say here ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I say we keep the batting from the first games but not the bowling ;)

Also in this game pol hasn't kept track of balls faced. Well she started from half way through. Don't know what to do about that? Unless we assume that all runs have been acquired at run a ball?

Am scannig the pesky cards in but i keep having to work in between....

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Lets see what we get - we can always assume strike rate was consistent throughout.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Got called away to go get my telkom line installed. am up to 3rd innings i think. Here is what i have so far.
Attachments
12.3.2006-Second-Inings-OCC.jpg
12.3.2006-Second-Inings-OCC.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 4354 times
12.3.2006-Second-Inings-Bow.jpg
12.3.2006-Second-Inings-Bow.jpg (33.54 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
12.3.2006-First-Inings-OCC vs. MSCC (Bowling).jpg
12.3.2006-First-Inings-OCC vs. MSCC (Bowling).jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
12.3.2006 First Inings OCC vs. MSCC (Batting).jpg
12.3.2006 First Inings OCC vs. MSCC (Batting).jpg (84.19 KiB) Viewed 4356 times

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Here are the rest... sorry it took so long!!!
Attachments
12.3.2006-Fourth-innings-bo.jpg
12.3.2006-Fourth-innings-bo.jpg (35.36 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
12.3.2006-Fourth-innings---.jpg
12.3.2006-Fourth-innings---.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 4353 times
12.3.2006-Third-Innings-Bow.jpg
12.3.2006-Third-Innings-Bow.jpg (33.47 KiB) Viewed 4351 times
12.3.2006-Third-Innings-Bat.jpg
12.3.2006-Third-Innings-Bat.jpg (36.88 KiB) Viewed 4351 times

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

I have absolutely no personal reason for saying this, but I think we
should start tracking averages from the next game we play.
thank you.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thank you - I will work on this when I have time. And I have to feel like it.

I'm suggesting the following - we will take account of prior batting performances, and assume the same strike-rate as existing data. If no data exists - strike-rate = 100.

For bowling figures, everyone seems to have difficulty remembering their exact performance. Lets leave them out of it.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

That sounds good to me Alex!! When you are making the system make it easy to input the data!! Sorry i suppose that isn't really very helpful is it?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I would just like to point out that my 31 not out was made off 17 balls two of which were wides :banjo:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

And 15 of which were full tosses ;)

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

No they weren't they were long hops :\ hey I hit my four fours in five balls off chuck who had bowled me in the first over (and as I recall bowled you) :banjo:
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

And bowled like 4 full tosses. I was fielding at square leg. Anyway i am just giving you shit you batted really well for your runs and it is too bad i stranded you as you were looking good for a 50+ innings.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

No they weren't they were long hops. Like full tosses only they bounce and are easier to hit. :gentleman:
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Are we the best fucking side or what????