Mech shrub vs oddville Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
LEXY!!!
Penis Fancier

Post by LEXY!!! »

Rebel Pope wrote:I would just like to butt in here and say that its me that drinks ciders. Only me. I bought the drinks last time so I bought ciders. I will be bringing ciders to the next match too. Fuck all you hippies who try to run me down cause I drink cider. I drink cider :rasp:
pussy

i'm not going to post in ehre agian, i just wanted to say that :shy:
you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sorry i have been out the whole day. And also i am sorry that i missed your entire post last time Pael!

We should define the rules. If we each bringi our own booze it will be hard to do fines or inntroduce any drikning rules so i guess we will just play with normal cricket rules. The thingi am most concerned about is time pressure. In fact i think we may be a bit ambitious trying to fit in 100 overs in a day. I mean we need a lunch break and a tea break and some drinks breaks and i don't know how we will fit it all in.

I have been thinking more about it and i still want to bat higher in the first innings.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

A normal one day lasts a maximum of 8 hours not including breaks that is with field placing and incredibly long run ups. A normal one day is 100 overs. We will all have a chance to have breaks during our teams batting innings hence the two innings of 25 overs each.

Also the only way you are going to bat higher in the first innings is if Mitch swops with you and I really don't thinks that<b>[I AM TOO STUPID TO USE AN APOSTROPHE]</b>s a good idea cause at least he may last a second against Wesley. As your plum LBW third ball showed you are susceptible to pitched up pace early, before you have your eye in. Not only does Wesley do this he swings it in.

Seriously Chris everyone wants to open the batting in both innings but they can't.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I don't want to open but batting number 6 is shit dude. I probably won't get to face much in the first inings and then we will probably beat them by an innings.

Why don't you want to bat number 6 warren? Why doesn't mitch? Why doesn't Bryn? Why doesn't Rob? Because it is shit. That is a total batsmans pitch and the only one way gets out is through lack of judgement.

The reason i missed that ball was because it was so slow didn't bounce and looked like it was going down leg. I adjusted to the pitch and was fine afterwards.

I think it is totally unfair for me to bat 2nd last. I don't want to get personal but that batting order is wrong.

Just to clarify i am not wanting to cry or sad or anything i just want to discuss this as i feel i am not being foirly represented.

About the 100 overs, I still don't think we will make it in that amount of time. We can try. But when we run out of time I will be sitting in the stands waiting to bat drinking your cider and telling you that i told you so. ;)
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

The reason you think it's a batsman's wicket is cause you faced a number of extremely tired and unfit bowlers. This will not happen when each player is only bowling one over and being taken off. You are also assuming we are going to win. They have at least two players who are very good. As far as I know Andy's boyfriend is a handy player too.
Chris I think you are seriously misjudging us and our opposition if you think we are going to win by an innings. Just do the maths and try to work out how well and how fast we would have to score in order to beat them by an innings.

P.S: There are only 3 batsman who have averaged more than a run a ball and those are Me, Bryn and Fred. Who do you think we should have at number five for SA Kallis or Kemp?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

OK, I will swop with Chris

We did agree that a batsman retires at 50 right? I insist on this! Maybe an adjustment would be he doesn't have to retire if its the last partnership
Last edited by Mitch on February 23, 2006, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I will do everything I can to ensure we bat first as well so we can't win by an innings. Okay?

Chris I would be more than happy to move you to 8th in Innings one and facing the first ball in Innings 2. Would that please you? That is actually where I want you. I put you down the order in Innings one cause I assumed you were rational enough to see the benefits of batting higher up in Innings two.
By your rationale I won't get to bat at all because we will have thrashed them so soundly before we even use batsmen 4 and 5 in either innings. The only way anyone is guaranteed to bat is if they open in either innings and obviously not everyone can do that. Sorry man.

You now have the option of swopping with Mitch or moving to eight in Innings one and batting 1 in Innings two. Please choose soon.
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay here is the ruling: A batsman must retire on fifty. If however the rest of his team is bowled out subsequent to that the retired batsman may return for the remainder of the overs or until such time as he is out.

P.S: I don't know what the big deal si with fifties we have had two of them and four ducks. Not really sure why we all think we are going to score fifties. I know I am getting 20 off 12 balls :banjo:
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I think mitch and i should open. Rob has made first ball ducks every time that he has batted. Also why do you assume that i batted at less than a run a ball warren? How many overs did you guys even bowl in the innigs to me.

How did you get more than a run a ball? Fred has batted once to me throwing him full tosses. Bryn batted on an even slower batting pitch where even he will admit it was really easy pickings - they didn't take one wicket that day.

I don't get your point about kallis and kemp? You are sending all these better than run a ball batsmen (even though i dispute this point) and then me the slower batsman (a point i dispute even more).

Thanks for trying to be accomodating mitch but i am not going to take your place. I just don't get how we decided on this batting order. Or to put the point more accurately i don't get how warren decided the order. When we discussed it in person this was not going to be the order.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

New suggestion :

How about a normal batting order, then the follow up is in order of score in the first innings in ascending order :

E.g First Innings

1) Mitch 5
2) Chris 45
3) Bryn 58
4) Warren 21.5
5) Rob 2

Second innings

1) Rob
2) Mitch
3) Warren
4) Chris
5) Bryn
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

100th reply is mine.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Thanks for the input Alex :banjo:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

The thread was getting hairy. What with Chris whinging about batting orders, and Warren harping on about his average, and everyone dissing the assistance the pitch offers to bowlers - I just needed to inject a little bit of brightness. This is still supposed to be fun people.

And I'm not even going to be there.

Why am I getting worried about the pitch being available? I don't need it there. I'll be pissed and looking at naked chicks more likely than not. So why am I worrying - because I want everyone to have a good time. Aww - aint I sweet?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay here is the new batting order for Chris:

1.) Chris
2.) Rob
3.) Mitch
4.) Warren
5.) J.C
6.) Fred
7.) Bryn
8.) Alex's replacement

I would advise you to score a fifty Chris if you want to avoid buying us all drinks now.
Last edited by Rebel Pope on February 23, 2006, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

So what are you doing in innings two? I think Mitch's suggestion is the best myself.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We'll stick to inverting it. Firstly its not fair that people who fail in the first innings get to bat higher in the second. someone who opens and gets a duck off twelve balls will open again. While someone who scored twenty off only four balls may be relegated to batting last. You shouldn't punish someone cause they got a big score. By the law of averages merely inverting the batting order should give everyone the same amount of batting time.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Sounds fair. Such I pity I miss it. Ah well. Fuck it - you can't have everything.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sounds- good to me. Let the games begin!!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Can I still Keep for a little while?

I'm keen to do a bit of everything, not too worried about the length of time I spend doing whatever.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I would prefer not to have to keep but i used to be a pretty effective slip fielder if we need one. I used to be first slip.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I'm too tall, and my legs are too weak to keep effectively. I would probably be incapable of slip catching, and I'm not that good under a high one on the boundary. In point of fact - I quite often miss the ball completely; and I'm not that good a bowler, and a shocking batsman.

Come to think of it - maybe it's a good thing I'm not playing.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

You're not such a bad bowler when you keep it simple

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah you are a left handed bowler and that is already confusing. And with your height you could probs get a lot more bounce and pace if you worked on it. We are all just unfit!!!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Note how he says nothing about my batting. That's a polite way of saying - you're even worse than you think.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Ceek - wtf? I bat left handed - but I bowl with my right. Cripes - no wonder I'm confusing you. It's my blistering pace that made you momentarily black out.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

hah. I must say that did confuse me. Shows how much i know. Thought your batting was relatively solid. Just gotta make some small technical adjustments!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Yeah, the technical adjustments you have already made made a big difference. A few more corrections and you should be solid.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

You mean like actually hitting the fucking ball? That would be a start. Moving forward would also help. As would getting in line with the damn thing.

Once I have that right, some fucker will swing it and that'll be all she wrote. And don't get me started on spin ... I once faced a pretty solid leggy - turned it about a stump width, but had a good line. I was clean bowled every delivery of the first three, and plumb lb in the fourth - this was in the nets. That sucked. I'm slightly better now. I'll block at least one of those.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Am telling you on the pitch we are playing on it is mostly mindset!!

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

I WANNA PLAY FOR ODDVILLE !!!!

you guys need me , i kick fuckin ass at cricket :)