Mech shrub vs oddville Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Thanks Alex. I am going to Sportman's warehouse cause they also have a service where they do all that effort of thudding a million balls against the bat to knock it in further. I am going to be careful first up anyway though. I don't need an amazing bat just a good solid piece of old english willow. Also with my last bat (bought at school) I knocked it in for hours and then played one stroke, got an edge and it cracked :suicide:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I have my bat which i bought for R500 in Std 7. I bought it from Dions. I remember they had the bat i wanted but someone else had it cheaper. Luckily they had (maybe the still have) a policy where if you can find it cheaper elsewhere they will match the price. Ah the nostalgia.

I LOVE PLAYING CRICKET!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I must be honest I am loving it too. I am so glad we are able to do this. ALthough shit my shoulder is stiff at the moment. I only bowled six overs on Saturday. At the real match I will bowl seven not including warming up :\
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Fond memory of a cricket bat coming up....

Bought my bat in std 6, by the time I was in matric it became the item of thrashings by the boarding house.

Cricket is great - far better than chess
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I am less stiff than last time. Probbaly cos i bowled much less than last time and much slower or rather with less effort. My back was sore though but that was from batting. I Am going to give it everything on game day though!!!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I am still slighty stiff, and my toe hurt for two days, and the bruise on my leg went purple, then yellow and hurt like hell when I lent my elbow on it.

I fucking love cricket. And my first bat was stolen by some fucker in Std 6. Which was why I didn't play until at varsity - and then I was almost as bad as I am now.

perocside
I'll Suck Yr Cawk!

Post by perocside »

yes yes i know i havn't posted the shrub's team yet. as of yet we don't HAVE a team. i will try and get the rest of the players tommorow. :\
committee - a group of men who induvidually can do nothing, but as a group decide that nothing can be done

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Urm, you should talk to the guys who went to Andy's 21st. I know they were all very keen to play so that's at least half your team. Andy's B-friend was also keen. You at least have Wesley (who wasn't at that party) plus yourself, so you just need one more player. Come on, it's bloody soon.
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Stevi tells me that Wesley deregistered and is no longer at Wits. But I am sure they can still get him to play though??
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I don't care who they get to play as long as they have a team.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Damn useless rich students!!! Damn them. You see in our day *clears throat in that way that only old people do* we would have organised a team with reserves. Cheer leaders and a bunch of dead hookers for entertainment purposes.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

They will get a team together. I just contacted Andy and Tom as well as they tell me they are working on it too.
- Jimmy Carr

karmapolice
Gay As Hell

Post by karmapolice »

like that is going to work out.
Magnifico Uno

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

okay - I've asked Frank (the groundsman) to check the schedule for the next few weekends. He should be getting back to me to confirm the availability of the pitch.

Failing this pitch - we may have to pay to use one at another facility, or source another school.

As for another practice - I'm gunning for March 4. Will let everyone know what's happening.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Do we have another facility available to us? Can we start a social league team somehow? I am super keen!!!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am all for founding a social league team. Imagine. We will need eleven players at least then with at least one or two who can come in at times of crisis. I think we may have to wait for next season though. Mitch?
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Am happy to wait until next season. Can also gaurantee another player if we play regularly!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Sunday league season starts in October, costs about R400 a person if I remember correctly. It's fairly hectic though - playing every sunday 8-5. I don't know if there is a more social format though. Will try find out.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Fuck Mitch - I can tell you. The social leagues will only accept applications from groups that have multiple teams - the reason being that because cricket facilities are expensive to maintain, they figure if they have multiple teams they will be able to afford them. Go figure.

This means you must affiliate with a current league groupl, like Wanderers or Old Parktonians etc.

I'm not keen on this - the time constraints are very heavy - with two practices a week, and a match every weekend. I like our current play - but we do need backup facilities. In winter - the fields generally get reused as soccer fields, and school always gets first pick.

Now I've had a day a minor telephonic exhaustion - every school except St Stithians told me to fuck off. Saints will hire out - and for a once off it will cost 800. You can set up a contract with them, and then the price per time will be lower. However - they only hire out grounds on a Sunday.

The other option I approached was Wits - and they also told me to take a hike until cricket season was over. Old Parktonians will also hire out one of their fields on a Sunday - at the exhorbitant price of 250 an hour x vat.

I'm praying Frank gets back to me with good news.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

R400 for a year right? What club is this? I would like to play competitive or social i don't mind. I am flexible that way.

ps. we must practice some fielding before the mech shrub game. Lets run a fielding practice next time we are at the nets!!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

We would also need a home ground. In that case we would have to find a club. For example, SJC doesn't have a cricket club. So we could theoretically form a club with arrangement with the school. Then every member would have to pay subs to join the club, etc. Not ideal.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Why do you think our fielding is so shit. We are yet to drop a catch and we have even had a run out with only four players on the field.

Also social league now sounds like a huge commitment. Maybe we can keep doing what we do during cricket season. I am keen to play regularly but not every weekend regularly.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Agreed with Warren. We have had two catch opportunities - Fred, the first time, took a comfortable catch at long off, and I completed a caught and bowled last time around. I can't think of any others.

Also - I'm just concerned over getting a backup plan in place. Any suggestions?

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

R400 per person is what the league costs, it's subs which will get expensive. Dainfern cost R900. Wanderers are more expensive. Another Social league option which is cheaper is the indoor league - i.e Action Cricket.

If you really are committed to playing every sunday 8-5 then try it out Chris. Old Eds, Wanderers etc all have clubs.

It's the ground that's an issue if we wan't to start a club

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I don't think our fielding is shit i just haven't even been hit a catch once so far. Rob looks vulnerable under the high ball. It is always good to practice.

We must lay down the rules here as well. There must be a time limit for an innings to be bowled. Perhaps we should say the batsman who is coming in must down a beer before they can bat or something like that. Or sholud we just do fines afterwards? Still think we should do a combined thing on the alcohol and then we can have proper fines. I know you guys drink shit girl cider drinks but think we should just buy a ton of amstels and hand them out!!!!!

My thoughts were all over the place in that last paragraph. Sorry. What i meant to say was what are the official rules? Did we find an umpire or are we gonig to use players?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Missed your last post before i posted mitch. I am keen but i also want to play with people i know. Not going to join just by myself. I have tried joining by myself before and it sucks balls. I don't make friends easily!!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I would just like to butt in here and say that its me that drinks ciders. Only me. I bought the drinks last time so I bought ciders. I will be bringing ciders to the next match too. Fuck all you hippies who try to run me down cause I drink cider. I drink cider :rasp:
- Jimmy Carr

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

Regarding pitches, there is a cricket pitch here at Di Data where I work that is usaully in pretty good condition but sometimes not. I will find out about pricing and availability.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks Rob. I was beginning to think my posts were invisible.

Post when you know the pricing. Surely it will be free to star employees? So we can expect to pay a couple of hundred or so ...

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

Won't be free for me, I know that. I'll only be able to find out on monday so we'll know next week i guess.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.