Mech shrub vs oddville Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

It's going to be fun. Looking forward to. Just keep the politics out of it guys.

PS. Its going to be fun because I will make a 50 and take 5 wickets. If I don't it's because everyone cheated.

Seriously, looking forward to a braai, playing some social cricket and watching the game.

A lunch break would be natural after both first innings have been completed, but Chris is right, timing may be an issue. But I think playing it by ear is the only real option, because we actually have no idea of the quality of cricket. If we are two decent evenly matched sides then it can go on all day, if one of us is crap, then it could be over by lunch.

I am bringing : Braai meat, a salad, chips, Vast quantities of Game (trust me) some coke and beer (though I probably won't be drinking)

I also agreed to supply two balls (Warren, please let me know what we're buying).

What is the situation regarding keeper's gloves?
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I think you all stress way too much. Enjoy it. I am jealous. And I insist on having a rematch during a time when I can make it.

Now answer my fucking question! Do we have a backup?

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

No! But if we're short (as I am sure Mech Shrub will be) we will adapt - it doesn't have to be 8 v 8. And if it's an uneven number then the team pays the price. Most likely it will end up being 7 v 7 or something like that. We could always borrow/lend a fielder
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We are not going to lose cause some guy is on fifty and has to retire. If this is the case for one team it is also the case for the other. I agree with Mitch that we play it by ear. Right now there is no scheduled lunch break but I am going to bring a braai and have a fire going. I am also going to bring meat, plenty of booze and myh batting skills.

Heard last night (and met the guy) that Mech Shrub have a Gauteng A league opening bowler in their squad. Apparently he is a bit of a brett lee as he bowls unbelievably fast (by our standards) and bats a bit too. I hope he doesn't clean up our top order :\
Anyway he only gets four overs so we should survive. We still need umpires. They have planty female adoring fans who are coming and know the rules who might cut it but it would be much better if we could sponsor some guys beer for the day to do the job so we don't wind up with someone getting out plumb LBW, not walking and getting 66 :gentleman:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Oh Dear. I have much fear right now. Hope he doesn't pick up that glaring weakness of mine too early! If we are lucky he will just bowl short!

How did he get involved? Did you meet him playing football for the shrub?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Yes I did. I think he may only pick up your flaw if he comes from around the wicket. The likelihood is that he bowls it in the channel of uncertainty which is your speciality :cool3:

They also have a woman in their team I think. I am actually more afraid of the humiliation which will follow when she bowls me. There is no shame in going to a Guateng A leaguer.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I meant to sms Tom to let him no I couldn't play yesterday. Oops, no hard feelings I hope. What was the score?

Who is the woman cricketer?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

We lost 7-0 which if you consider the fact that we had 6 players plus two supporters who had never played football before and I was the keeper for the second half isn't actually a bad score.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

People who aren't batting in the batting team should be the umpires.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Should I buy 'keeper gloves? Anybody know how much they are?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I will be posting the full results a bit later in a new results thread but just to let everyone know that the Oddville Cricket Club (OCC) beat the Mech Shrub Cricket Club (MSCC) by 17 runs.

I would also like to say that Thom is an incredibly poor sport leaving straight after he went for a royal duck. Tail between his legs like a little bitch. Not supporting his team or fulfilling his role as captain. I would also like to squuarly blame Thom for the fact that not all the mech shrub players arrived and the fact that he got all pissy when i tried to give him advice.

Results to follow soon but what a great day!!!
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I think some credit to Piet though.

But I had a great time. Disappointed with my batting - all mental really, but really enjoyed keeping, fielding and bowling.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Thanks also to Alex for organising the field, Russel etc.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yes special thanks to Alex. And to polly for Scoring.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Yeah, she was great.

Tenacious B
I Fought The Gay & The Gay Won

Post by Tenacious B »

yeah she was great :leering:

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Glad it went smoothly. I just wish I could have played - but as I predicted it was all I could do to stagger to the couch and collapse in front of the TV, only to miss the middle three quarters of the Aus innings. I didn't get paralytic on the saturday - but that was through supreme will and effort.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Well Russel scored 90 runs over his two innings so unless you would have matched that we would have lost!

:)