Mech shrub vs oddville Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - we have an issue.

Frank just got back to me and the pitch is in use every Saturday I asked after - tomorrow, 4th and 11th.

Sunday is available. Your guys need to make a call now. Rob's pitch? or move the day?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Oh dear. Sundays are cool with me though!! Possibly even better for me.
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

I like sundays too. A lot more than saturday it must be said.
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I have been thinking about the retiring at 50 rule. Take this situation for example. There are 3 runs to win off two balls. Warren is facing on 48 off 48. He drives handsomly through the covers but it is cut off by the sweeper on the boundary - they manage two. Hence Warren is on 50* and technically should retire. But that is totally unfair as a new batsman would have to come in and face one ball and try and win the match even though we haven't lost a wicket. This means the bowling team has all the advantage from this rule!!!

I have thought of three possible solutions to this problem. Firstly perhaps we should say that you have to retire at 50 unless it is say the last 5 overs (amount of overs can be adjusted).

Alternatively perhaps we should say you bat until the end of the over when you get 50 but this may lead to problems very similar to the original retirement rule (i.e. 12 runs to win in the last over and a new batsman comes to the crease)..

Finally perhaps we should scrap it entirely?

Also how long will we have fielding restrictions? 7 overs?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - Freddy hasn't posted - but he is unavailable that Sunday.

Have we had any word from Rob on the availability of the DiData pitch? Sorry to change the subject from your retire at 50 ... Just had to point out that retiring at 50 depends entirely on having a pitch to play on ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I agree we sholud first secure a pitch before making decisions on the rules!!

There is no one here today i hope tomorrow we can resolve this issue. We need a pitch and a firm date.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Ha Ha Neil. I am not sure how to say this diplomatically but urm go back and look through the posts. You have sworn blindly that you will be at each of the previous matches and you have just not shown up. We need people who are completely reliable and will show up. Maybe if you start showing up to practice games we will consider you :gentleman:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Sunday is cool with me. Would you be able to make the Sunday Alex?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Maybe. That will be difficult though, and I'm unlikely to be able to even bowl marginally well. Plus we lose Fred, And I don't know about how JC would be able to handle it.

Can we replace two players? I don't know what our replacement players are like.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

JC has just told me his boet may be available for the Saturday or Sunday. He'll confirm closer to the time. That's one down; and either one or none to go.

First prize is as pitch for Saturday.

Second prize is Sunday with me able to attend (just because it means less work, not cause I'm good or anything like that)

Third prize is Sunday with a whole fuck load of replacements.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Can get 2 replacements if we need them!! When will we know final details?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I say we set it for Sunday as I am sure we will have to pay for Rob's pitch. As Mech Shrub is not getting back to us why don't we just organise as many replacements as we can and on the day we can split into two teams and kick each others arses for beers?
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

That's the best idea you have had Warren!!! Let's invite as many people as we can and buy some beers and we have a big party!!!

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

:ignore:

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am all for that. We are unlikely to get more than 16 anyway so we should get to bat and bowl just as much as we would if mech shrub showed up. Sounds good to me :banjo:
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Its all good. I am a definate and i will check with my other players. Exactly what date is it now?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - I've thrown open the net for Sunday. I'm still not a likely. JC has said it should be good for both him andhis boet. There is also a chap called Russel - he's quickish, and bowls a decent legspinner, and Rauri - an okay batsman, who bowls medium pacers.

No definites yet - expect for Fred, who is a definite no (as far as I know).

I'm guessing definites on Mitch/Warren/Chris/Brynn?/Rob? and CK's two newbies.

I'm also keen for a net session on this Sunday - 5th? Any takers?

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Got confirmation for one Newbie checking on the second (it is the 12th now right??)!! Name = Guy useful medium pace and a pretty handy opening batsman!!

Am keen for a net practice this weekend!!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Got confirmation from Frank (the groundsman) that the pitch is available for Sunday 12th - and for this Sunday.

I'm going to try buy some proper stumps (I'm tired of those metal things) but where is SA do you get them? Most places I've looked - okay I haven't looked properly, just in passing - either have nothing, or those kiddy sets. Any ideas? I'm thinking Palmer Sports. Also - without Fred on Sunday - we need someone to get wickey gloves.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Was also thinking i am unhapppy about the stumps. We need proper stumps with proper bails. No idea where we could buy them. but if you going to buy them from totalsports i get a 10% discount through discovery so let me know if you going to buy from there. Did you look at sportsmans? Will keep my eye out but i hardly ever go shopping so doubtful that that will help.

My second newbie can't make sunday 12th. But he wants to play in the future. He has a big exam the next day.

So CK + 1 confirmed for 12th. Will invite him to the practice as well and see what he says!!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Warren just phoned me he has no internet access but he was contacted today by Mech Shrub who have confirmed a full team available for Sunday 12th March. IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!

Guy will play in Fred's place.

Is now a good time to discuss the fielding restrictions etc.??

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - so MS have a full team of 8.

We have
Warren, Chris, Guy, Rob, Brynn, Mitch,
JC (uc), JC Boet (uc), Russel (uc), Rauri (uc)

between 6 and 10 ... So - min of 7 a side, max of 9 a side. That'll do.

Mojo
Gay As Hell

Post by Mojo »

Well it's good that we have secured the pitch for sunday cos the one at my work is a. booked the whole weekend and b. costs R1250 a day to use. As far as stumps, you can buy a decent set at Game. I saw them there when I was buying my awesome cricket bat of six-hitting.
Tell me is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Damn i can't make nets this sunday but don't worry i am still fully confirmed for the game next week.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - so we are on for another practice this Sunday. Morning I guess at say 9.30?

Nets, and if we feel like it - the middle.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Just to confirm i can't make this sunday but next sunday i am totally there. If you need a reason then know that the first sunday of every month is Polyl's farm book store and tea garden. You are all welcome. It is a great place to go and buy books and have coffee. The cricket will also be shown....

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am there on Sunday. Might also organise a few extra players for then. I say we have to confirm our 8 players for Sunday 12 so we don't fuck anyone around.

1.) Chris
2.) Rob
3.) Mitch
4.) Warren
5.) J.C
6.) J.C's boet
7.) Bryn
8.) Guy

That should keep it in the family. I will also phone mech shrub the day before and find out if everyone can still make it. Cause for all I know one or two of their players might drop out so we might need the extras anyway.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Warren - now that the nets open tho', what if more pitch?

Are you saying we should confirm at least 8 - then yes. If only 8 then maybe not. I hate retracting invites from people ...

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Russel has got back to me with a "it's on like donkey kong".

He will also try and join us on this Sunday - but that is unconfirmed.
JC is currently not here - he had a small accident on the public holiday and did something to his arm. I'm hoping it isn't too bad, which would prevent him from bowling and batting. I'll give him a call later.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I seem to be the only one posting - maybe I'm the only one with something to say. Which is odd, as I am one of the few not playing ... anyhoo ...

JC has a busted arm. It's in a cast, and so he will defineately be unable to bowl or bat. He will chat to his boet tomorrow sometime, so hopefully we will have a confirmation either way.

so we currently have confirmed for Sunday 12th:

1. Warren
2. Chris
3. Rob
4. Mitch
5. Bryn
6. Guy
7. Russel

we need one more hard and fast and reliable. I'm not sure who that would be, maybe Rauri, or JC's boet - not sure on the reliable part tho'. Oh fuck it - a full week to get one person ...

As for this weekend - who is arriving for practice? I know Chris is busy with his books, and Warren is a positive. I'm also there, and assuming Mitch will be. Any others?