Mech shrub vs oddville Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Mech shrub vs oddville Match

Post by Rebel Pope »

Can Mech Shrub get together an 8 man cricket team to take on the might of Oddville at a test cricket style 2 innings game over one day.

Oddville team is all those who showed up for the last match.

Captain: Alex
VC: Chris
3.) Bryn
4.) Mitch
5.)Warren
6.) JP
7.) Fred???
8.) Rob.

Each Team will bat twice with the batting order from the 1st innings inverted for the second innings. 30 Overs an Innings. Every player in the team must bowl at least 2 overs (Captain's discretion).

A fines meeting after as well as many more beers and a braai. Date early March. Sound Good?
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Sounds freakin brilliant!!! I need to know exactly what time things will be happening though so i can shift around my schedule. If it is a sunday i can make any sunday. If in is a saturday then i need notice because i do psychomotric testing on saturdays now but not every saturday....
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

What is a convenient date in the middle of March? Alex, will the pitch be available do you think? Could you find out so I can organise the Mech Shrub people to get arses into gear. We could also play another practice game similar to the last one before then to make sure we really club them :banjo:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I've asked my contacts to get hold of the principle so we can know. I've left the date up to him; just mid March as the criteria.

JC is keen, Fred isn't here - he's getting pissed on holiday.

I do have a slight issue - I'm best man at a wedding around that time (which I obviously can't miss). So timing is critical. Concert is 18th; Wedding is 25th; I'm thinking either early/late March or early April.

And yes - we need a practice game. Desperately.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

They haven't put up the times for march yet but i will let you know when we have a provisional time. Given enough notice i think i could swing any day. Even if i do have to do thesting it ends at about 1pm and is right by the primamry school so i can be there by 1.10 or so?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

What is the situation regarding cricket tomorrow - (I know I have been useless trying to get nets)
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

So we'll say Saturday 11 March? I will get hold of Mech Shrub and get them to organise a team. JP will need to stay the whole day. We need a player to replace Fred.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

1. 11 march is cool
2. Tomorrow is not goingto happen Mitch - sorry, I'm being a baby about my finger ...
3. I'll chat to JC - his name is Jean-Claude, not JP ...
4. Fred will be back by then.
5. If we need to replace players I can organise.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay. Yay. March 11 it is then. I will get to organising an opposition for us to pummel.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Will organise to be there. Am entereing it into my phone as we speak.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Really sorry to do this.

I'm trying to work around the 11 March. with the concert on 18th, and wedding on 25th, we may need to hold the bachelors on that weekend.

Of course you could always pick another captain, and i can send a proxy in my place - that is the most likely arrangement. I have several possibilities lined up.

So, either we move the date, or keep it as is - and I'll organise a replacement. Both are fine by me. I do insist we have a practice match prior tho'.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Hey Alex it need not necessarily be a problem. Won't the batchelors take place in the evening on Saturday? Hopefully the game will be over by then :gentleman: We can move it to the weekend before that if you like, so make it the 4th?
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Thanks Warren - the bachelors will end in the evening - but damn me it will start early. I do parties properly ...

The weekend prior will be easier. I will confirm earlier to the date. I suggest you keep reminding everyone, as I, for one, have an extremely unreliable memory ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I agree on the reminding and remain flexible on the date assuming i get enough notice.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay so when's the practice Match? Is the 18th Feb available?
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Will try organise a pitch - let you know.

Apparently I need to work on my footwork, obvious really ... after all I am aspiring to take over from Mr Smith, and he shuffles across his stumps. Better work on that ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Hey Alex. Mech shrub can't make the match on the 4th cause they Have a standing on a crate and drinking competition all of Friday the 3rd and their team will be too hungover. So we have to keep it on the 11th. Is there anyway you can make it? Can you still organise the pitch?
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Damn - pity I can't make it. But that's okay. My easily hit medium pace and three runs per innings can hardly be missed ;)

I'll get a pitch organised, and I'll even try to get a replacement for me lined up.

Will let everyone know.

We'll still get that practice match organised. promise. Just not sure when ...

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Okay thank you. I am so excited I am going to buy a bat:-)
- Jimmy Carr

perocside
I'll Suck Yr Cawk!

Post by perocside »

working on a team to play you guys, shrub politics and our only real cricket player (wesley) not showing up to wits notwithstanding.

will see you on the pitch with bats in hand :hmm:
committee - a group of men who induvidually can do nothing, but as a group decide that nothing can be done

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Its okay, none of us are cricketeres either so it should be pretty even. Add to that the drinking and I am predicting low scores. Anyway...
Glad you guys are going to make it. I met about four people at Andy's Bday who are all keen to play so you should be fine.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Okay - Oddville CC will be having a practice on Saturday - providing the weather holds out. I'm confirming the pitch, and we'll aim at 10 in the am to start. I'll post here when all is confirmed.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

IS that this saturday? The 18th? I am still sick but will do my best to be there!!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am there. Just let me know about the pitch. Yay
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Is this still happening? I am still keenp Don't know how much bowling i can do but am keen to get a batting session. We are playing in the nets right?

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

We have the pitch. Confirmed.

Nets are also there. We'll play in both if it'll make you happy. Join us for cricket!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

How many of us are there? If we have enough for a game that would be cool otherwise nets would also be cool. Will arrive at 10am and see - weather permitting....

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

when/where ?

i would like to be involved for the oddvillains ... :)

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

At the moment it is just a practice tomorrow morning @ 10am, i think, at rosebank primary. It is literally about 1 km from your house Neilsh... Can't remember what road it is called but You go to the intersection of that road that goes to jolly and that other main road (towards rosebank) then turn left, first right and then it is the second left because the road it is on is a one way - you should see the school and go round the block to get to the entrance.

masterb
Penis Fancier

Post by masterb »

gotcha !!!!!!!!!!!!!

might be a little late though ... but i'll be there :)