Oddville Cricket Match

In celebration of the age-old traditions of cricket and rampant homosexuality.
Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Aside from the obvious response? :cool3:
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Was leaving it as a set up and seeing how long it took for someone to respond. My response of course wolud be I take that as a No.

But seriously do we have a cricket ball?
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Yes - I have an unused Match Ball, 4 piece Platypus. Fucking expensive, so say thank you very very nicely ...

I also have an unused Kooka practice ball, a barely used kooka practice, and a barely used dual colour match ball.

That should do us ... ;)

I'm more concerned over the rest of the equipment - how many sets of pads do we have? bats - that others are willing to lend out? wicky gloves?

I'm going to ask the groundsman to roll the pitch and put in stumps for us - he was going to last time but didn't - hopefully we'll have stumps in this time around. Nice of him to do so - I'll bring him a case of beer for his trouble ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Awesome Thanks for buying the ball!! I have my own pads and bat and stuff but am not that keen to lend it out..... but maybe i could be convinced....
During the last six decades, Cliff Richard has charted many hit singles, and holds the record (along with Elvis Presley) as the only act to make the UK singles charts in all of its active decades (1950s–2000s). According to his website, he has sold 250 million records over the course of his career.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I will be borrowing my brothers stuff I hope so I should be sorted. I am happy to lend it to anyone who bats after me. I'm gonna score a century so they might be a bit sweaty.
"Boxers don't have sex before a fight, do you know why that is? They don't fancy each other."
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I've just spoken with the groundsman - the pitch is soaking. He says we need no rain tomorrow and the rest of this afternoon before it will be playable.

So start your sun-dances people.

If it is soaking - but the day is hot, do we play?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Yes, I really want to play.
- Jimmy Carr

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

Well I've asked Matt to check with that other school again (the original venue) and he's also going to ask Steve to check with Randburg who have a 'free pitch'. They may have covered them during the downpours the past few days.

Once we know if we have other options - I'll ask the groundsman at Rosebank if they can cover the pitch tonight, and roll it tomorrow. That may dry it up - the outfield may be a bit long and untidy, but damn it we're not professional ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I can tell you that if the pitch is waterlogged there is no point playing on it. It will fuck up the pitch beyond repair and it won't be fun playnig on it. Come on SUN!!!

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Has it stopped raining there yet? Keep me informed on the weather please:-)
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

It actually has stopped raining here. It is still overcast though. It got a bit brighter and then darker but no break in the cloud cover as yet. WE need a scorcher tomorrow otherwise chances are not good....

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

It got sunny yesterday afternoon and It is sunny again today. Looking good!!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

Hate to say this : rain predicted for this afternoon and the whole weekend.

Still - what do they know, the weatherman is always suspiciously two days behind. Fingers crossed!
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Firstly I don't have pads, it turns out my brother sold them last year:-(
Secondly if it's hot today then try to get the groundsman to put covers on the pitch for this evening. We may get some sort of game tomorrow then.
- Jimmy Carr

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Unfortunately i think the pitch needs to be dry before the covers go on otherwise it sweats and that isn't good. Hopefully we get enough sun today to dry it out completely and then the rain starts on sunday.

What are we going to do about this anyway? Are we all just going to hope for the best and pitch up or should we send a representative who then confirms via sms or something that we can play? We could have one of those cell phone relays where i get an sms then send it to one person who sensdhs it to the next and so on. How many people have confirmed? I hope this happens i am all excited!!!

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

true - I'm going to ask the guy to roll it this afternoon if the sun holds up.

As for how we are handling it - If it rains tonight, or if the pitch is unsuitable, but the weather is okay tomorrow morning - we can all just pitch anyway for a nets session - it aint the middle, but it will do.

If it pours tomorrow morning, then I'm not sure - we can hope for a break in the weather and hang around until then - drinking beer and playing poker ...

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Is there a covered place for us to stand?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

I am all for Alex's suggestion. Sounds perfect. See you all there tomorrow.
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

must......play.......cricket.......
'His most famous blunder was when he corrected student William Figueroa's correct spelling of "potato" as "potatoe" at an elementary school spelling bee in Trenton, New Jersey, on June 15, 1992.[9]' - Wikipedia on Dan Quayle

Paelleon
Penis Fancier

Post by Paelleon »

I've seen the pitch and it is green. I've seen less grass in some outfields
I've been to. The outfield has beds of clover that look fairly comfortable, and grass that will cover your shoes.

That siad - it is damp still, but looking okay. Since the field is so small, long grass may be a bonus - not every ball will go for four; and if the pitch is rolled it may be dry and hard enough to play on. I'll get hold of Frank this afternoon and ask him to roll it for us.

As to Ceek's question - yes there is a thatched thingy to stand under if it pours.

As for pads - don't worry too much - that could be lent out easily enough.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Oh dear it is about to rain :(

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

It's looking pretty sunny my side (town) - are you in the north Chris?

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Come we are going to get lucky. No rain, no doubt. (fingers crossed)
- Jimmy Carr

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

ummm, its looking ominous, its darkening again...

But you are right Warren .... THERE WILL BE NO RAIN!

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

Yeah am in the north west. Still no rain but some thunder!!

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

rain :(

Man, it came in quickly! :1tear:

MacDaddy
Cock Throttler

Post by MacDaddy »

There is massive torrential rain in Joburg.

Sorry.
.Matt wrote:you are all so wise. and unspeakably revolting, of course.

Ceek
Anal Investigator

Post by Ceek »

I should have told you guys that i am cursed. My whole life every time i want to play cricket it rains!! :( :suicide:

Mitch
Penis Fancier

Post by Mitch »

So pull out, the rain will stop and then decide to play at the last minute tomorrow.

But you have to believe this yourself if you want to convince the Cricket Gods.

Rebel Pope
Cock Throttler

Post by Rebel Pope »

Bugger :1tear:
- Jimmy Carr